Sunday, February 21, 2016

TTO Episode 6.2

6.2         
The hooded figure stepped up from the opposite stairs onto the podium. The other apprentice had on the same coat like mine but it was bright yellow. The figure stood there and then removed the coat. It was a lady there; a younger version of me with the body hugging suit with matching waist level jacket and boots. Instead of a waist belt with weapons, the other apprentice wore a set of greaves with the shorter blade weapon named the ‘sai’ gloved there. The figure was then followed up with a taller figure dressed in the hooded gown.
“Darth Natria, she is the apprentice I would you to meet.” I looked hard at the first face that held the same hairpiece as mine. I recognised her then.
“Renair?” I uttered the name not spoken from my lips for over three hundred years. Renair Noir was my younger sister who was on the farm with my parents when I joined the troopers. After I was declared dead in a battle task I went into seclusion in the First Temple as the apprentice, I lost contact with them. It was forbidden by the Dark Order and I was sent into a long sleep where my mind was ingrained with the Order teachings. When I woke up fifty years later, I then undergo my training as the apprentice to the Master.
“Renair is dead, Darth Natria. She is the newly appointed Darth Rain. She is my apprentice. I am Darth Asoka.” The other replied. “I am glad to meet you, Darth Natria.”
Darth Rain then sprang into action with a run and leap at me with the ‘sai’ drawn in the cross draw from the greaves. I had retreated while withdrawing my preferred sickles to fight her. The other landed on the spot where I was standing and then did a body roll over her head. Her attack was blocked by me with the sickles. I have pulled my left leg back for balance when I blocked her attack. The other then did a reverse somersault with her right leg striking at my head. It was a favoured move by the Scorine Cultist for their hidden techniques. I had seen that move and turned my body sideways to the right to avoid it. When I did the turn, I have also launched my attack with the left handed sickle at the exposed side. Darth Renair was quick in her reflexes and twisted her body to the left to land there on her feet.
“Your Master taught you well.” I commented. The other did no reply and launched another attack. Her swinging right leg was blocked by my left hand but I was almost stabbed by her. With her leg blocked, she had pulled it back to the rear with her body bent forward and both hands holding the ‘sai’ aimed at my chest. I snapped my body back and had my left knee hit her at the right elbow. I then twisted my body and delivered a low kick into her left ribs. She went down in pain with her left hand at the ribs.
Her master, Darth Asoka had then jumped in and defended his apprentice.
“Your Master was not as good as mine.” I gave her the snide look. I then took my own fighting stance to do my attacks but the Grand Order had stepped in to intervene. The three feet long red fusion energy staff appeared in the right hand with a swing at my face. I retreated on the attack to recover my stance. I knew of one apprentice that favoured the energy staff.
“Anatoly?”
Darth Asoka did not reply but resumed the attack on me. The energy staff swung like a pendulum with its swing from left and right before it changed direction to do the upper slash move. I deflected it with my right handed sickle while my left handed sickle went for the low cut. Darth Asoka pulled back on the attack and resumed his pendulum swing. He then turned his body sideways and the energy staff flashed downwards in the overhead slash. I moved my head to avoid it but the energy blade had extended by another foot then. The blade stopped close to my face and hovered there when the voice of the Grand Order roared out.
“The match is over. Darth Natria had proven herself worthy as my apprentice.” I saw Darth Asoka expression hidden beneath the hood was grim. “However she has flaws in her understanding the Order.”
“Then allow me to train her once more.” Darth Asoka bowed to the Grand Order.
“Denied, Darth Asoka. Your apprentice lacks more than mine.” Grand Order looked at me in disgust. “I am assigning you one more opportunity to redeem yourself. The one you seek is at Grecia IV.” Grand Order had given me the task.

“Fail me no more.” 

No comments:

The Highland Tale Notes and onto Merrlyn

 The biggest challenge to re-writing or adapting a well known tale was to make it your own. As I had mentioned before, I wanted to do this t...