Sunday, February 28, 2016

TTO Episode 7.2

7.2
The shooting began when one of the troopers was too cautious and fired at what may had been a shadow. Unfortunately, it was a real shadow. I did mention the Ryino’s were not without any flair in the battle and held a rather protruding rear. The trooper barely missed the Ryino’s and that triggered the return fire. The Ryino did not miss then. The other troopers began shooting and the others in the Kuzuka’s group return fire.
I stood behind Henna while she fired at the troopers. I felt silly then for my lack of participation. I took some sneak views and counted seventeen troopers standing. Two more had gone down in the fire fight. I needed to get in the fight. I saw my remote chance.
I signalled Henna and then rushed out without hesitation.
It was a brazen move; the crouching dash with the shots barely missing me. I jumped from cover and then reached the fallen trooper. I reached for the rifle and held it in my hands. It felt familiar for I have trained on it. With the rife, Edo the Enforcer was back.
I turned my body and shot the nearest trooper in the face. And then ran across another cover before ducking low. I shot from that position at the two troopers in the chest. Three down and I was alright. I saw the others had taken down another five troopers but we lost Henna. She was shot when she tried to follow me. I took down one more troopers when more the reinforcement had arrived. It was then I sensed the disturbance in my mind.
I saw an image.
It flashed in my mind.
It was too fast for me to recall the image.
Across the cavern, Darth Natria reeled back when the image snapped into her mind.
She also saw an image.
It was too fast for her to recall.
The fighting was however real then. She pushed the second batch of the troopers to assist the others. She held the sickles in her hands. She threw out the left handed one at the Ryino. It was well aimed but the darned breed ducked in time. Her sickle flew back in an arc to her when it had no contact. She cursed under her breath for her miss. She was losing her hold on the Order. She had never missed a target yet as the Darth. She rushed out towards the Ryino with the shots flashing by her. She felt the searing pain but her mind was determined to kill the Ryino. Swipe! Darth Natria sickle in the right hand had cut in deep at the Ryino’s left shoulder and deep into the chest cavity/ The Ryino screamed out the sound was hoarse and low before it dropped flat on its face.
Darth Natria did not stop there. She pushed herself forward in anger and went for the others. She jumped up high and threw the sickles in a cross threw. Both sickles on their own path struck at the others’; the two Grecians in the chest. She was not stopping then and was headed for me. I held up my rifle but I did not fire. She was unarmed.
“Stop the shooting!” Darth Natria called out. Henna heard it too and stopped. All of them did as told. It was then I stepped out.
“I want everyone out.” That was Darth Natria’ next call and the troopers retreated. Henna filed out with Daniel behind her.
“Edo?” Kuzuka had stood there but I motioned to him to move. He saw my determined look and relented. The cavern was once more still and without the feel of any wind.
“I am Darth Natria.”
“I know. I saw your image in the vids.” I replied. “You are the Apprentice.”
I bit my tongue on that. The proper term to use was the Lord of Order. She was to report to the Grand Order who was not seen for years.
“Yes, Enforcer. I know you but not why the Grand Order wants you.” Darth Natria stepped forward and then stooped to pick up the sickle. She pulled it out and held it in her right hand. “I thought I knew everything. I was after all the Darth but I know nothing of you. I was drag from the far borders to your small planet and then here. Who will be so important to have me travel like a freighter unwanted load.”
“Enforcer, I dislike that.” Darth Natria had recovered the second sickle. She looked at it and then at me. She kicked it over. The sickle had a short handle and the blade was curved with the smooth edge. The handle was a metallic one with curved designs on it. There was a switch on the top of the handle. The blade may have been made from titan-steel which was hard metal and strong conductor for energy infusion. I had seen such weapon; it was like the energy dagger I held. Darth Natria had kicked over the sickle to me.
“Pick it up.” The other had motioned to me. “It’s only fair that you are armed.”
I kicked the sickle back towards her. I then reached for the energy dagger on my waist belt.
“It’s straight. I prefer them this way.” I smiled at her. I then kicked the sickle to the far side. “I have one and you should one too.”
Darth Natria then spread out her arms with the right hand holding the other sickle. She then took on the stance of the popular Monscrats fighting style. The factor that makes up a good stance are few; the spread of the feet, the direction of the feet, and the elbow on the arms. These factors determine the attacking and defensive moves and the balance when force is applied to the body. The weight of the body is on the sole of the feet; the shifting of the weight to determine the attack or defence. The shift of the weight may propel the body or readied it for the impact. She stood with her right leg swung back behind the left in a slight bent at the knee. Her arms were bent at the elbows held close to the side of her chest with the sickle held in a reversed hold and the curved blade facing out.
“The Monscrats have a fierce fighting style.” I smiled. I then took my one other stance taught by the masters in the Academy. It was the Mistral Movement Style. Like Darth Natria, I have my legs spread but my left arm was held across my chest as if to protect it and the right arm swung to the back where I held the energy blade in the ‘ice pick’ grip.


No comments:

The Highland Tale Notes and onto Merrlyn

 The biggest challenge to re-writing or adapting a well known tale was to make it your own. As I had mentioned before, I wanted to do this t...