Monday, February 22, 2016

TTO Episode 6.3

6.3         
I delayed my departure but I was too late. Darth Asoka had left for his own undisclosed planet with the apprentice. I then took my pursuit for the one sought by the Dark Order. I was given the use of the frigate Shield VII under Captain Norrin Rand. I have also requested the assignment of Commander Tarnia to the frigate.
“I am honoured, Darth Natria.” Commander Tarnia saluted and then bowed before me. “I did not know then.”
I was dressed in the scant clothing with the face masking that was donned then. I have the chamber arranged with the offerings of the delicacies from Monscrats. I have also arranged a comfortable shade of red lean back seat designed for three persons. The seat held the comforting vibration equipment which will ease the tension in the occupant.
“You are forgiven.” I motioned to the commander to take the seat next to mine. “I was masked then as of now. We have to be discreet.”
“I am honoured, Darth Natria.” Commander Tarnia was obviously in fear of me. I have to loosen her apprehension on me. I offered her a drink which was touted to ‘loose one’s inhibitions’. She took it down in a gulp and I poured her another. I explained myself on the previous encounter and soon we were talking like friends. We began sharing on the smaller things like our food and then the clothes before we ventured to more intimate issues. We laughed on the things spoken and poured more drinks.
“Tarnia, do you have any siblings?” I asked of her after she had taken the fifth pour but who bothers to count then. She had not taken much of the food. I had assumed that she will like Monscrats being one of them but I was wrong. So we took more drinks.
It was she who spoke on the family. One that I almost forgotten for years.
“I have two brothers but they are traders like my father. Only I have enrolled in the service for the Federation of Planets.” Tarnia said. I was taken aback by the revelation. I searched my mind for the questions and then I found one.
“Do you miss them?” I asked the petty question. I could had mind probed her but it was not my intentions then. I wanted to keep it above the level. Tarnia nodded and then told me that with her service, she could only managed two visits each full cycle of the planets.
“I have two nieces.” Tarnia smiled when she recalled her nieces. “Jaana and Taana. They are my second brother’s kids. Do you have any?”
Tarnia saw the frown on my face and having spoken that she apologised to me.
“I did not mean to bring that up.” She covered her error with the extra measure of pour in the goblet. I had to swing that to the reason we have those drinks.
“You don’t need to. I have no nieces or ….nephews.” I replied. “I have no siblings.”
I lied then. It was the emptiness that made me lie. Renair have died in my life. So have my parents. I then turned to Tarnia.
“Can you be my sister?” I asked of her. “A sisterhood of love and comfort is all I asked.”
Commander Tarnia looked at me. I could feel her apprehension on my proposal. I took the cue to lean over and kissed her on the lips.
“Comfort me please.” I asked of her. She was resistant initially but that was soon removed. Later when I lay back on the seat with her cuddled next to me on my left side, I thought of my own sister. We were close and even fought over the same boy at one time. She won and I left to become the trooper. It was then I resented the other gender for their selfishness on us. His name was Antonio and he was a jerk. He was not the jerk then when I met him but he wanted to befriend more than me. I thought it was nothing then until he betrayed me.
“How could you do this to me?” I confronted Renair. “I loved Antonio.”
“So do I. We can both love him. We are after all sisters. Before this, we shared everything.” Renair had made her stand. I wanted to reply but there were no words from my lips. I chose to leave instead. Just before my departure, I told Renair my feeling of betrayal.
“Renair, you done the one thing that a sister would never do. I will never forgive you nor will I ever have another like you in my life.” I made the vow towards her. I then looked at sleeping Tarnia.
“I am sorry but there can be no more sister in my life.” My right fingers reached for the front of her neck. My fingers grabbed it and pressed down hard. Tarnia struggled hard but she was no match for my strength with my legs wrapped over her. I moved my body onto her and then pushed hard on the neck Tarnia gave out a last gasp of breath with her eyes fixed on mine.
“We shared too much.” I told her seconds before her death.


No comments:

The Highland Tale Notes and onto Merrlyn

 The biggest challenge to re-writing or adapting a well known tale was to make it your own. As I had mentioned before, I wanted to do this t...