Saturday, February 6, 2016

TTO Episode 3.4

3.4         
The retreat was orderly but we did not expect the arrival of the reinforcements. The Traders Post was without its allies even in the defeating moments of the war. The sensors showed five armoured vehicles approaching fast towards there.  My trooper strength had dwindled to seventy eight in numbers. The twenty trooper scouts have re-joined the main force and we were retreating. We arrived in the five trooper transports which twenty of the troopers were guarding it.
That was a wide move on my side.
“Squad Leader, we have not got an update from Trooper TD12909.” The Squad Leader nodded on that. He had sent out two troopers to patrol the outer perimeter. It was the Traders’ Post that made me extra cautious.
The Squad Leader was right.
The enemies were upon them then. It was a forward team led by one named Kendo Itashi. He was a veteran of many campaigns under the Mitoushi House. He was a third generation servant of the House. He had a team of ten fighters with him. They were moving in for the transporters. It was the House request.
“Team One, move in for the troopers.” Kendo cleared his first team of five. “We will provide support.”
Kendo smiled at his planning but he did not expect the others to be retreating from the Traders’ Post. He was outnumbered then and called in the others. The second team was hidden behind the hill with the sensor jammers. The second team was bigger in numbers that was three times his. And they were also armed with heavier weapons.
Hancho Kendo, we are approached by the other troopers.” Kendo heard the warning. He then ordered his scouts to re-deploy near him. They will hit the returning troopers.
“We are near the transporter, Darth Natria.” The trooper told me with his strides beside me never falling in the steps. He was a good trooper with the designation D13007 but his name will be remembered. He took the shot meant for me. The trooper went down and the new battle had started.
“Renegades!” The warning went out.
I crouched down for cover behind the boulder and looked to my troopers. I lost three more troopers who were too eager to leave the Traders’ Post. The other troopers are shaping up well to the training. They are in the covers and returning fire. I used my mind to probe the area. It was a technique taught by the Grand Order.
“Open your mind, my apprentice.” I had stood there at the edge of the cliff where the trees below it appeared like small cones. I tried to focus but the calmness on my mind was disturbed. I tried to step back but my legs won’t move. I force it to move but I was dead then in the muscles. I felt my body moved and before I could even react, I found myself hovering in mid-air above the trees.
“Stella, you have to focus.” The Grand Order had pushed me off the cliff and yet I was not falling. I was a frigging hovering creature. “Or you will fall.”
I fell and then hovered up again. From then I learned fast.
I want to live.
To kill the bastard.
“Darth Natria, we have the control on the battle.” The trooper told me this then. I looked at him and then gave him new orders. It was in time for the reinforcements came in hard. They have missile launchers. They went for the transporters. Two of the transporters went up in flames.
“Cover the transporters.” I gave the orders and fifty troopers formed a cordon while the others sought the attackers. It was time for me to call in the Stingers.


No comments:

The Highland Tale Notes and onto Merrlyn

 The biggest challenge to re-writing or adapting a well known tale was to make it your own. As I had mentioned before, I wanted to do this t...