Wednesday, May 28, 2014

The Crusaders II The players threw out their cards 13.03

1.          Lake Maggiore, Swiss Alps

Geraldine jumped up high and swung the staff down on the approaching wolf, but the wolf had evade her blow. She stood there and back to the nearby wall. In front of her are three wolves forming the first pack to attack her. One of the wolf limps on the rear leg from a previous blow by Geraldine. Clawler standing a distance away was circling Fenrir. They are in a duel of their own, and none of the wolves would intervened. Lucifer had sneaked away during the start of the battle.

Geraldine looked above her head on the three rows of stand; concerning that the other wolves would joined in. She wanted to call out for Clawler but he is fixate on his focus towards Fenrir.

Suddenly the ceiling started to vibrate and then something flew in circles around the arena knocking the wolves on the stand.

"My Lady need not fear. I am here now." Thor descend from the ceiling holding his hammer which was levitating him down from the ceiling. Once his feet touched the flooring, he sent the hammer on a swing to swipe at the wolves on the stand.

"I doubt so", Geraldine jumped onto the nearest wolf using her staff to propel her there. She landed on the wolf back and clam her legs tight on its midriff. Her strength enhanced by the greave given to her by Odin crushed the ribs beneath and squashed the heart. Geraldine jumped off and swing the staff in wide swing from the left to hit another wolf in the head, causing its skull to rupture. The remaining wolf on seeing the turn of events choose to slink away and ran for its life.

Fenrir on seeing its wolves killed rushed at Geraldine but Clawler intervene with a leap to stop Fenrir. Both creatures collided and end up in a heap on the ground. Fenrir was first to recover and lashed out with its fangs moving to bite on Clawler' neck, but the later had pushed Fenrir before it could sink the fangs in. Clawler pushed on with a leap onto the fallen Fenrir with its claw ripping into the thick fur of the wolf. Fenrir shrieked out in pain when the claws tear into the flesh. Clawler pushed on with the claws reaching into more tender spots, and caused Fenrir to fall further back.

Fenrir find new strength and rushed Clawler with a high leap to land on Clawler forcing him to fall back on the flooring. Fenrir move to sink his fangs onto Clawler' neck but Clawler had moved so the fangs would bite onto his right shoulder. 
At the same time, Clawler thrust his claws into the undefended belly and ripped the innards out.

"Fenrir!" Baal who had just appeared when he failed to warn Lucifer by the normal channels, so he came here on his own. His arrival was just in time to see Fenrir die at Clawler' claws. Baal then saw the others and he choose to run too.

It was then Miles and Kruger arrived to advise that others are fleeing and most of the chambers are empty. It was also when Balder arrived but he is without Loki.

"Thor, the trickster eluded me. He surprise me when my back was turn. He flees again from me." Balder report to Thor. "I would bring him back. By Vahalla, I would do it."



2.          The plains outside the Pyramids

Lord Osiris looked at the defeated Seth and his love Nephthys while he sits on the throne that gives him command of all Egypt.

"I am Lord Osiris, Master of the dead, and yet you", Osiris points at Seth. "Choose to wage a war across the dimensions when your last one failed in a major defeat. Who influence you in this foul deed?"

"It was me, Lord Osiris." Nephthys declared herself. "I sided with Baal when he approached me. He spoke of the disunity sow among the Asgardian, he told me of the spell to revive my Lord, and the joint alliance with Loki."

"My love? Why? I am Lord Seth. I need no assistance from others." Lord Seth looked to his love in disbelief. He then prostrate before his Lord. "I shall take whatever punishment you would give to me."

"I would not had known if not for Apep, your nemesis. The Serpent Dragon told me of your revival and plan, but I was slower in reviving to stop you. Now I am in whole and would passed judgment to you but Apep wants a favor of me." Osiris spoke to Seth and motioned to Apep the Serpent Dragon; a body of the serpent with wings and flames from its jaws, to come forth. Apep slithered over and asked for permission to approach Osiris. Osiris was wary of the creature approaching him as Apep was known to pursue Lord Ra to devour the later, but failed on many occasions. But he did said to the creature that it would be granted a wish should he need to call on, Osiris would comply. So he nodded to the creature to come forth.

"Release him to me." Apep hissed to Osiris just before it coiled itself around Osiris. "Do as I wished or you would die once more."

"So be it, as you wished. But remember this Apep, that was your wish and we hold no more favors to each other. The next time, we meet you would die by my hands." Osiris warned Apep. The Serpent Dragon uncoiled and went forth to the other Lord.

"Lord Set, follow me if you want to live." The Egyptian Lord was confused but he was transfixed by the hypnotic gaze of Apep. He followed suit to follow Apep into a newly created portal leaving behind his love, Nephthys.

"My love, leave not me...." Nephthys cried out but there was not one to heed her call. It was also then when Apep slithered in the hall. It was met by Lord Osiris' guards with their sickle sword drawn.

"Lord Osiris, what manner of conduct is this? Am i you enemy too? Who locked the doors to my chamber? Where is Seth?"

So many questions yet there was no one to give an answer except Nephthys was seen laughing at the questions.

"Fools!" Nephthys uttered out.


No comments:

The Highland Tale Notes and onto Merrlyn

 The biggest challenge to re-writing or adapting a well known tale was to make it your own. As I had mentioned before, I wanted to do this t...