Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Preys and Predators II; Chessmen ( Rated Mature readers only ) 1.30

Knight moves across, Bishop defends

Dark Pawn
Sylvia Graden

White Pawn
Micheal Darren

Dark Knight - Killer
Billie Diane / Billy Dane

Dark Bishop - Hired Killer
Mitch Dane / Brennan.

Dark Queen - Leader
Mary Ketch

White King - Leader
Marlene Phillips.


Dark Knight

The motel room was not the best but it was accessible by the Pawn who was a healer albeit one of the four legged creatures. His name was Adrian Matthew; a vet for some rich man’ who owned horses. He came on my call, but he was not there to heal me. He needed advise on who was killing the Chessmen.

“Billie, I heard someone is killing us.” Adrian was a good man in his field, but in our line, he would never get promoted. He was in for the money.

“Audrey and Tom were discovered this afternoon.” Adrian continued on while his hands were sewing the wound from which he took the bullet out.

“I am concerned, Billie.” Adrian completed his work and was packing his equipment. It was then I grabbed the scalpel to thrust into his neck. I slashed across his jugular and then his thyroid. I had found his use had ended, and it was time to rest.

It was not the smell of the dead that woke me but the living ones. I got up on instinct, and walked to the window. I leaned on it to see outside. My years of living dangerously paid out, and there was the van downstairs. I got dressed and took out my Glocks. It loaded and ready to defend its mistress. Within seconds, I was at the door, and stood at the side. It came crashing down from the kick by the hired killers.

Funny thing about hirelings; they are expendables. I fired the Glock into the first one that came through; gave him a new mouth piece on his left cheek, and a new anus on the left hip. I then stepped over the falling body and shot at the other two in the corridor.

I recognized them, from the company of Mrs. Trencher. She introduced them as the Cleaners.

Something was wrong. 

I called the Queen, but she was not contactable. I had to find her.



Dark Bishop

The coffee at the café was terrible, and so was my taste lately. I was still baffled by my last night tryst; of all the ladies, I had to bed a Federal Officer. Gee, my taste must be off since my return here. I left soon after I found her ID in the handbag. It was a norm of mine to know who I fucked, or in this case, I was fucked. She was Marlene Phillips, the one and only person I was told to avoid at all costs. But I had to drop my pants for her. She was good despite her age, but her looks sufficed for the overlook.
Then the call came.

It was my employer.

“Get Billie Diane. The van would be there to pick you up in ten minutes. Usual place.” I was to reply back but the line was dead. It was a contract and obliged to do it. The rendezvous was nearby and I intend to be there.

I send the three killers to the room while I stood at the far end of the corridor. I knew Billie was good enough to remove them, and then it was my time to step in. I approached the doorway in time to face Billie’s guns.

“Billie, it’s me. Mitch.” It was then he collapsed onto the floor. I had Billie taken into the van and drove off to a safe house I had kept for such emergencies. I had him rest there, when the call came in.

“Mitch, its King. Where are you?” It was my employer.

“Safe, King. Call off your killers.” I told my employer. “I am terminating the contract prematurely.”

“Mitch, the Cleaners do not cancel their contracts.” I was warned. I ought to know as their top assassin.

“King, you hurt Billie, and you would have me to answer.” I replied to the voice that employed me. I was to know that the Cleaners have their means to track me. I saw the reinforcements arriving; two loads of them in the signature overalls. I ran back to the house, and saw Billie seated on the bed with the guns leveled at me.

“You owed me an explanation.” Billie spoke out.


No comments:

The Highland Tale Notes and onto Merrlyn

 The biggest challenge to re-writing or adapting a well known tale was to make it your own. As I had mentioned before, I wanted to do this t...