Sunday, May 25, 2014

Preys and Predators II; Chessmen ( Rated Mature readers only ) 1.32

Dark Knight

I heard the shots and reckoned Mitch was doing his part. I rolled off the bed and approached the rear door. I was expecting it to be kicked in anytime, but instead they threw in flash grenades followed by the smoke grenades. The place was all dark and I was disoriented.

Then the door came crashing down, and they were in.

I sprayed the doorway with the MP5 before reloading the empty rifle. I then rolled over and waited.

No shots yet.

I did a roll and leveled up.

I got two of them; dead on arrival. I was to get up when the third one came in. He fired at me but missed me. I gave him a chest full of medal holes. I tried to move but the bleeding started again. It also began to hurt again. I reloaded the rifle with my last ammo clip. I then saw the discarded walkie talk. It must had been from one of them, and I took it. It was buzzing.

“Chester, are you okay?” The walkie buzzed. I buzzed back.

“Yeah.”

“We got the other one pinned.” That worried me.

“Where are you?’ I asked back.

“By the cedar tree. Why did you asked?”

I was not replying but pull myself to the window. I could not make out much of the tree types but I reckoned Mitch might. He was the outdoors man. I pulled out my portable, and called Mitch’ number. It rang.



Dark Bishop

Cedar tree? Damn if I knew all the trees here. Then I recalled there was a large cedar tree on the left side of the house, up on the slope. It was a hundred yards from me and had me lined up well. I leveled my sight on it, and saw no one. If I was the shooter, I may had moved, but to where. I moved the scope around and soon found the sniper. He was leaning back against the tree trunk ten yards away to the left. He was trying to get at me.

Too bad. I shot him in the left side of head.

Then the other shot came. It shaved my left shoulder and caused me to drop the rifle. I rolled over for cover and held up my right hand to cover the wound. It was a flesh wound, but it hurt if I tried to move the left shoulder. I reached for the Browning in my shoulder holster. I heard the crack of the twig and by instinct I got up. I leveled up immediately and shoot the gun at that direction.

Three successive shot, and I got my killer.

“Billie, I got him.” I spoke into my portable. The shot then came.

No comments:

The Highland Tale Notes and onto Merrlyn

 The biggest challenge to re-writing or adapting a well known tale was to make it your own. As I had mentioned before, I wanted to do this t...