Thursday, May 1, 2014

Preys & Predators II; Chessmen ( Rated Mature readers only ) 1.22

Dark Queen

I looked into my rear window of my car, as an old habit of mine. I been trailed so many times in my life, that I had become paranoia to it. Since the discussion with Mrs.Treacher, I had been tensed inside me. And the last occupant of my bed had been harvested for his organs.

It was then my portable signaled me on a message. It was from Audrey. She was my Pawn in the Forensics and wanted to meet. I replied to her to meet me at the motel. We go there sometimes for our rendezvous; she was married with two kids, but who cares when two ladies meet in the same room.

"Audrey, what's up?" I closed the rented room door. It was a motel, which we used and normally I paid in cash, but that time, she paid up. She was sitting on the bed; still in her daily attire of blouse and skirt. She was not alone, but with Tom.

"It was Doctor Brady. He was questioning on the reports on the victims.” I knew Audrey had doctored reports for me when needed. “I think he is onto something, and it’s a concern to me.”

I leaned down to kiss her on the forehead.

"It’s okay. I would sort it out." I told her. But she told me more.

"No! Doctor Brady went up to my head and asked for new prints. Some of those tests are done outside the system. Queen, I am scared." Audrey broke into tears. "More to it, Queen. I am pregnant. It could be Tom’. James....we had not fucked for weeks."

James was her husband, away in posting at overseas. She was in a relationship with Tom. I continue holding her while placing her head on my chest. I let her cry out her emotions while I worked out the plans. I had to do something. If she breaks, the Chessmen would be in trouble. As the Queen, I cannot afford it.

Audrey and Tom are expendables.

Mrs. Treacher could do it but she was not around then. I looked at the mirror where the lady was pressed to my chest. It may be my only chance.

I applied and broke Audrey's neck. While I cradled the dead lady, I called Tom. I told him to meet me there.

“Hello, Tom.” Tom walked into the room, and saw his lover on the bed.

“Sit down.” I told him. He did as he was told and then saw Audrey was not breathing. He reached for her, but the Queen stopped him with the gun level at him.

“Queen, what had you done?” Tom asked.

“Audrey was going to the cops. I had to silence her.” Queen placed the shot into his forehead. “You will do well as a pair there.”  

That was the two less Chessmen for Mrs.Treacher to handle. I also took an insurance of my own; I issued out contracts for them and the traitor family member named Silvia Gates. More to it, I have also insured myself with the Feds. The last time, they almost removed us all. This time, I intend to remove them all first.

There must be no more pieces on the board except the Queen.



No comments:

The Highland Tale Notes and onto Merrlyn

 The biggest challenge to re-writing or adapting a well known tale was to make it your own. As I had mentioned before, I wanted to do this t...