Tuesday, October 1, 2024

Tony and Cleop Act Four Scene Fourteen Sub-Act Two

 

Act Four

Scene Fourteen

Sub-Scene Two

Oops….

 

“The boss is hurt.” The calls went out in the palace. The guards heard the shot and rushed to the chamber. They saw Eros dead, and the boss was slumped over the body. His head was bleeding.

“He is alive.” The one who examined Mark’s body called out. “He is coming to.”

Mark was led to the seat while Demetrius and Philo attended to him.

“What happened, Boss?” Demetrius looked toward the dead body of Eros.

“I am not dead.” Mark reached with his right hand to the wound on his head.

“Boss, the bullet grazed your head. Did Eros shoot you?” Demetrius examined the wound. “Get some bandages here. Get the doctor here.

“The gun misfired; I think.” Philo examined the gun barrel. “Bad bullet it was.”

“Leave me.” Mark called out. “I want to be alone. Take care of Eros well. He is a hero.”

The boys took Eros’ body and left their boss after bandaging his head. They took away the guns. Dem

“How could you deceive me now, God? I was going to die. Now, how can I ever see Cleop?” Mark was delirious. Outside of the chamber, Demetrius, and Philo were discussing it with the doctor.

“Boss’ wound is fatal. It was not deep but it snagged part of his blood vessels there. I could not stop the bleeding but... he may be in shock and not have much time.”

“Why can he not shoot his own balls and bleed there?” Demetrius was upset. “Where’s the bitch?”

“The Queen is in the so--named tomb. tomb. She is hiding there.” Philo sighed. “One to die and one dying......”

“Fuck it. Tell her maids that Mark Antony is dying.”

Words said and spoken are at times, exaggerated.

“I will tell him of the Queen.” Demetrius walked back to see the boss.

“Why are you here? Did the Queen send you?” Mark asked.

“The Queen is locked in her tomb. She was afraid of what she foresaw might happen.”

“The tomb? Is she dead there, as I was told?” Mark asked. “My head hurts.”

“The Queen is alive. She was in fear when you suspected her of plotting with Caesar ……something you will never find to be true.” Demetrius made up his own words. Only dead men do not lie.

“Your rage could not be overcome; she sent you a message that she was dead. But then she became afraid of what effect the news might have on you, and she sent me to tell you the truth. Now I am afraid that I' have arrived too late.”

Too late, good Demetrius? No, you are on time. Call my guard, please. Take me to her please.” Mark was pleading. “My head hurts.”

 

 

 

 


No comments:

The Loyal Lieutenants Act One Scene Two Sub Scene One

  Act One Scene Two Sub-Scene One Enobarbus   The figure walked in after the departure of the lieutenants and Consul. Enobarbus he...