Tuesday, October 1, 2024

Tony and Cleop Act Four Scene Eleven Sub-Act One

 Act Four

Scene Eleven

Sub-Scene One

 

Caesar had retreated outside of Dodger City, regrouping his boys. He had not anticipated the strength of Mark Antony then. He had banked on the ex-boys to do their best on the front, but they retreated under pressure or surrendered to Mark Antony. Agrippa had escaped but he was wounded in the left arm.

“We were not outgunned, but we lost the battle because the ex-boys were just not in the mood to fight. Our own boys fought but due to the limited weapons … most of our guns were all sent back to Rome.”

“Whose orders were those?" those?" Caesar asked

“Your, Caesar. You said you needed it there for storage.” Agrippa looked at Caesar.

“Let Lepidus out. He will know how to handle Mark Antony.” Agrippa told Caesar.

“No, Lepidus stays there.” Caesar walked away.

“Return to Rome.” Caesar shouted out. “We will fight the next battle as we did before. I still have my surprises.”

Meanwhile, across the land, the Queen returns to Egypt. She had a meeting with Mardian then.

“You were there. Tell me your assessment of the battle.”

“My Queen, Caesar had relied on the previous boys from Mark Antony but those were cowards or lack of focus to fight. They ran when they saw their previous boss. There is still a fear for Mark Antony.”

“Mark Antony is a God to them.” The Queen said. “I am impressed.”

“A mad God is how I see it.” Mardian cut in.

“Do not be rude, Mardian. He is still my lover.” The Queen looked at the others. others. “Till he is not, he remains the God of love.”

“My Queen, a messenger arrived from Caesar.” The messenger told the Queen.

“I am...”

“I do not care who you are. Tell me the message.” The Queen cut off the messenger’s words. “I am busy.”

“Caesar sends over a letter.” The messenger handed the letter toto the Queen. Queen. Mardian intercepted the letter and then handed it over. He was concerned about the messenger harming the Queen. The messenger left soon after. The Queen read the letter and then looked at Mardian.

“We have to discuss something important.”

 

 


No comments:

The Loyal Lieutenants Act One Scene Two Sub Scene One

  Act One Scene Two Sub-Scene One Enobarbus   The figure walked in after the departure of the lieutenants and Consul. Enobarbus he...