Saturday, December 28, 2013

The Tempest Prologue 15

Prologue 15

"I am throwing it in." The old man threw away the betting slips. The horses were either drugged or he was having a bad spell. He turned to walk out, but he was stopped by the boys at the doorway.

"Please come with us, Mr Granger." The old man had no choice. He left the Digby Shop at the 5th Street. He was taken to see Paul Miller.

"Mr Granger, you owed Digby ten grand, and you can't pay." Paul told him. He knew Mr Granger very well. He was their daughter's admirer and had dated her a few times. She thought he was a businessman but she never knew the truth. He was told to back off by the old man when he heard Paul was a mobster.

"So fucked it. I would sell my shop. And the stupid business." Mr Granger looked at Paul. "I knew Digby old man, and could stretch the payment terms."

"Not any more. I bought the tabs." Paul looked at the man. "You owed me now."

It took only half an hour to convinced Mr Granger of his predicament. He agreed to the new terms. Three months later, Paul Miller walked down the aisle with Bernice Granger, where the old man gave her away with a heavy heart.











No comments:

The Highland Tale Notes and onto Merrlyn

 The biggest challenge to re-writing or adapting a well known tale was to make it your own. As I had mentioned before, I wanted to do this t...