Wednesday, December 4, 2013

9. Preys and Predators; The Betrayal Part 6 Rating Mature

7.

The Detective

I looked to Golan who stood there with his claws drawn out. His two surviving guards stood behind the leader. I was still holding onto the blood sucker with the chain embedded into the chest cavity. Cindy stood next to me.

"I would not transformed to this creature. I remained on my mother's side for now." She bared her fangs while her arms flexed out in front of her. I looked to the other dead ones; all had reverted to their human form upon death. It would be one hard explanation to give on the number of dead bare bodies.

"We can still leave, my Cinderella." Golan called out in the howls of the ancient sound. I stepped forth and held my arms out.

"None would leave here." I made my stand.

"Fool!" Golan looked to his guards. "Kill her."

But none dare moved on me. Golan looked to them and snarled. He then charged at me, which I swung the other chain on my wrist; hitting him on the muzzle and dropped the ex-leader. The remaining guards have taken off when they lost respect for the leader. Golan sat there on the flooring and looked at me.

"If I am to die, can I speak to her." Golan whimpered to me. I looked to Cindy but she had walked back to her unconscious lover. She held his hands and looked into his eyes.

"Jacobs had the most beautiful eyes. I wished he knew that. Our child would had it too." Cindy whispered to the sleeping figure. Then she stood up to looked at Golan.

"Child, hear this well. Your grandfather killed your father. In turn, I would kill him." Cindy tore at her clothes as she transformed into the alter ego of her heritage. Her body evolved but soon she screamed. She found her body creaking out in pain while she was trying to maintain her transformation. Soon she collapsed on the flooring with only part of her had transformed while the other half remained as human.

"Father, heed this." Cindy retained her human expression although she had the furs on her face. "This is my last time I am calling you that name. This that you seen now was your work. I hid it from you and when it was too much, I ran away. I am not your hybrid, father. I am your bastard creation."

Cindy on completing her words, leapt at the old werewolf. Her hands grabbed his head before pulling it aside to reveal the exposed neck. She bit deep into the neck and drew on the blood that coursed in his body. Golan did not resist but allowed the so named daughter of his took her fill of his blood. He soon collapsed in her hands.

Cindy stood up and used her right arm to wipe her mouth.

"Morales, its done. Golan is dead." Cindy looked to her. "Now I would join him."

I stepped back from her. I looked to the chain that link me to the blood sucker. It was holding me back. I used my strength to pulled it out. It came loose with part of the blood sucker on it.

"The one seen on the camera was myself. I told Jacobs to kill her. I took the disguise to run making them think it was you. We planned it all, so that you would be captured. It was to camouflage my acts." Cindy looked at me. "You may not had to kill me. I am already dead. Before I die, hear me out. I am not my father's only child. There was another. He was banished as he was a male. The pack does not want a challenge for their leadership."

Cindy collapsed onto her knees and laid over Jacobs. She also began to transformed back. She was back to becoming Cinderella Golan. I looked around and then with the threat gone, I found my transforming back to Officer Morales. It was then I heard the shouts and footsteps.



The Attorney

Thank God, we found her. She was breathing and they took her to the hospital. Clarice told me they found Golan there too, with his daughter and a few others unknown. She told me to follow Morales while she wrapped up things.

"How are you?" I looked at Morales. She was out for an hour while the doctors treated her for cuts and bruises. Other than that she was fine. She looked up at me from her sick bedding and smiled weakly.

"Okay, I guess." Morales replied. "I found the killer to my mother. It was Cindy."

I hushed her off while telling her to rest. I told her Clarice was on the case and all would be revealed. She then looked at me.

"It worked then. The portable guided them to me." I nodded to her. I left her there to rest and went home. Soon Clarice came to my apartment. She did not acknowledged me but walked past me to the bedroom. She stripped off her clothes and walked into the shower. It was a long one before she came out. She dived in between the sheets and rolled onto her side. I crawled in next to her and spooned into her back.

"Please hold me." She whispered to me. I did that for her. I saw the tears on the pillows and without a warning, she screamed out. I held onto her tight while she let it all out in that moment. Soon she was all quiet while my arms did not let go of her.

"I screwed up, Jimmy. I screwed it all up." Clarice Starling for once had become the lady she was once before; young and innocent to the deadly sins of the killer.



Special Agent

I waited outside the chamber with him by my side. He had acted as my legal adviser during the examination with the Bureau Board on my conduct. It took us two days to reach this point. Now was the deciding factor on my career. Four officers died in the raid, with two more with permanent injuries. They got my report on the raid; the explained and unexplained facts. The door to the chamber opened. It was time to go in.

"Special Agent Starling, after having reviewed the notes, and testimony, we find you not responsible for the result of the raid. You may retain your position and do your work."

The last statement had a sad tune to my ears. I walked out and met him still waiting for me.

"They cleared me. I am to stay on." I really wanted to leaned on him but I could not bring myself to do it. It was all over. I cannot be with him. Not when he had seen my vulnerable side. It was then I was saved by my fellow agent.

"Clarice, we got the Wolf in custody at DC." I looked at Jimmy. He nodded and I was walking towards my colleagues. Just before I got into the vehicle, I saw Officer Morales standing at the kerb. I walked towards her.

"Thank you for the report." Morales spoke up first. "I ...."

"I knew you can't remember much. Its okay. There are somethings best not remembered or ....revealed." I reached out before hugging her. I left the officer there and boarded the vehicle. I took out the evidence bag I removed from the forensic lab. It contained some brown and gray furs. I dropped it off when we passed the river. There are no such as werewolves; they are only wolves in the woods.




No comments:

The Highland Tale Notes and onto Merrlyn

 The biggest challenge to re-writing or adapting a well known tale was to make it your own. As I had mentioned before, I wanted to do this t...