Tuesday, December 10, 2013

1. Crusaders Book II - Prelude

Prelude

The waiter knocked on the door of the Presidential Suite of the Hotel at via Crescenzio in Rome. Its faces the Vatican City at about two hundred meter directly away. The Hotel staff await the invitation to go in with the push cart. Soon he got the consent and reached for the knob, but the door opened by itself. He pushes the cart in and was surprised that there was not one at the back of the door.

Everybody seated at the round table by the porch at about six metres away. The waiter shrug his shoulders and proceed on with the cart. He was to served the tea but the guest intervened with a wave. The waiter then stoop up his back and turned to walked back to the door. He was disappointed by the guest whom he had served thrice today and yet he received not even a tip for his efforts. The waiter soon reached the door and pulled it close behind him.

Around the table were seven gentlemen dressed in their finest and sporting a cigar each on their lips. One of them waved his hand, and the seven cups with the saucer floated from the cart and landed at precisely where each of the seven guests had sat. The pot was next and soon it poured its content onto the cups with equal proportion.

"I would not sit here and drink tea. I want to see immediate action." The man who raised his voice got up from the seat. He took out the cigar from his lips and placed it in the cup of tea. "I would not tolerate another year of inaction. Its time we strike and we do it hard."

The man glared at the other six still seated.

"This time we would win the war. No more truce or bargaining. I am fed up with that." The standing man then looked at all of them. "Are you telling me you are cowards?"

"No, Asmodeus." The one who spoke was a tall one; with a narrow face which his high brows stands out like a visor over his eyes. "We are just bidding for time and opportunity."

"Enough of your patience, my brother. I am pass waiting." Asmodeus raised his voice. "Who's with me? I can assure you I won't start the war until I have prepared for it. I am no fool. Lucifer."

"Who comes with me shall be rewarded with everything you desire or craved." Asmodeus looked to his other brothers. "I would have legions to follow your command."

"Asmodeus, I plea with you. Let us planned this war together. We can win it if we unite." Lucifer stood up to face his brother in oath but Asmodeus was already walking out. Demons appeared out of the carpets to hold back the large demon form from leaving but he just shrugged them off. Asmodeus stopped at the door.

"Lucifer, I am prepared to forfeit my alliance. Those of you willing to join me, can do so." He then looked at Lucifer. "Stop me at your own peril. As for your charter in the cold lands of Siberia, keep it alive. I may yet call on you to do some tasks. "

Asmodeus walked through the door as if it did not exist there. Lucifer looked at the other brothers.

"Feel free to join him. When you find yourself at the losing end, you know where to crawl to." Lucifer walked to the porch to view the Vatican. He did not bother to turn his back to see who else was leaving, but he heard those steps. Then he heard the familiar one which was join him at the porch.

"They have all left. Are you sure your plan would work?" Lucifer turned to look at Satan standing there with his red tanned looks.

"Satan, you should know me by now. I do not plan to work; the plan works for me." Lucifer looked at the rising over the Vatican. "Just as the Crusaders would do theirs for me. And that aquarium present of yours. I never liked octopus."

"Its not mine. It was from Leviathan. He feels at home when these creatures are near him." Satan took his leave of the room.

The waiter knocked on the door again, and this time it was the guest who personally opened the door. The waiter walked in and stared at the untouched cups of tea. He then looked at the guest.

"Baal, its time for you to act. Warned the Crusader. Tell them the Princes of Darkness are on the war path."

"Yes, Master." The waiter made his way out of the room to carry out his master's task.



No comments:

The Highland Tale Notes and onto Merrlyn

 The biggest challenge to re-writing or adapting a well known tale was to make it your own. As I had mentioned before, I wanted to do this t...