Friday, December 13, 2013

16. Preys and Predators; The Ends starts herel Part 7 Rating Mature

7.

Special Agent

I dropped off Morales when she declined my offer to see the dead body of Tom Burke. She was pre-occupied on the drive back but so was myself. I had then my subject dead in some alley, and my case blown open. I found Davis there, with the whole network who had caught the scent.

"Get them back another fifty yards." I told Davis while I made my way there. I looked at the body and cursed out. I looked to the Forensics team. I asked for an update.

"Its the same MO but its Burke this time." The reply was plain and simple. My portable rang. It was DC. I was into a session of bad statements which would be placed in my file. After the one hour call, I threw the portable away. I drove back to the office. I saw the Hotel number where Henris was staying. I picked up the handle.

"Hello?" The Receptionist was on the line.

I placed it down and checked for Lichfield number. It was then Davis walked in. He had a gun in his right hand. He stood at the doorway.

"Agent Starling. I screwed up. Its because of me, Burke died. Its because of me, you are going to be pushed to a desk job. I would probably be shelved as junior agent." I seen that look before. He continued. "Its not fair. What about my previous successes. Does it not count?"

"No, it does not. In reality, you need only one screw up and that would sealed it up." I got up but he motioned me to sit back. I continued on.

"They all screwed up and ended up in our prison. We screwed up and ..... Well, we end up in a desk job. It ain't too bad. When I lost Hannibal, I got six months. They can't keep us down for long......" I tried to ease off the pressure.

"They just sent me an email. I would be leaving for Chicago tomorrow." Davis looked at his gun. "I am left handed. I was cleaning my gun."

Davis then walked away. I felt like a fool then. I been too tense inside me that I mis-read the expressions and signs. I should not had been too cautious. I ought to let go.

I took the solitary drive back to the apartment. I took another shower and then checked my messages on the phone. I had ignored them since the call. I found them irritating, but not that message I had received an hour ago.

"I am in front of the Lichfield Estate. I am going in now. You know why."



Detective

I stripped off my clothes for my transformation. I would not be Morales anymore. I would be the Ancient one, the Prime that lead the tribes. With my alter ego, the fence around the estate was easy. I was not concerned on the sound I made, I was only concerned there was not many of them for me to kill. The first to come was the dogs; five of them but they lasted only seconds. My claws made short work of them, with one running back with the innards hanging out.

They allowed me to reach the mansion. It was big; bigger than I could ever imagined. I caught their scent; nine of them. One of them had to be the leader. The first come at me from the moment I opened the front doors. It was a female blood sucker. She barged into me and we went crashing to the rear. I picked myself up and faced her. The blood sucker was dressed in a night dress that reached below her knees but it was her look that made me growl. She had on the mask that was reserved for fancy costume parties. The blood sucker leapt in but I was ready. I gave her a upper blow with my left hand claw that took her lower jaw from her face while my right hand claws went into her heart. I tossed the blood sucker to the side. She won't be waking up for the next sucking feast.

I took my second entry and that time I was confronted by the twin that time, an identical twin in identical dark suits and dark shades. I continued with my approach which the twins took offend. They charged at me with their arms spread out but I charged back. I leapt with the arms extended and then did a side body with my lower limbs lashing out. We have claws in our toes which with the force of our kick was as deadly as our upper limbs. I kicked my right lower limbs into the right twin in the face while my upper limbs grabbed the other in the face. With my upper claws on the face, I twisted the face to the rear and pulled it with me. The other one fell on his side clutching the left cheek. I had given him a new facial look. I dropped to the ground holding onto the other head while the body was writhing on the floor. The other twin did not stopped when it landed, it rushed me. I was pushed to the rear by the blood sucker, but I had my upper claws to blocked the charge. When we collided, I pushed my claws to his chest. Those claws of mine thrust itself up to his chin and jabbed in deep. I broke through the lower jaw and pushed out through fangs of the blood sucker.

I pushed myself up and pulled at my muscles. It felt stiff then.

I growled out for the others.

They stepped out; all six of them, but Erich Lichfield was missing.

"Where is your Lord?" I growled out.

"Our Lord is away." One of them stepped forth. "I am Claude. You may fight me."

They never gave me a chance to reply, when the six of them rushing at me. It was like battling a pack of mad dogs, with their fangs drawn out. I felt their bites just as they felt my claws sink into their flesh. I tore at the jaws and hearts with rage and used my lower limbs to kick at them. I leapt around to avoid them but their flight skills made it difficult for me. Then I heard the howls and the blood suckers had retreated back. I stood there with my body covered with bite marks and cuts, but the blood sucker fared no better. They were down to three of their numbers while one laid there on the floor holding the open wound on the torso.

"The Hantok Tribe does not abandon their Prime." I looked to my left and saw two of my own members including Ben Lake. They had me followed to protect me but they lost me when I was with the agent.

"So does the Lichfield family." The voice came from above at the upper railing.

I looked up and saw my desired prey; the Lord of the Estate. He was dressed in his short bedroom robe over his night wear. He hovered over the railing and then descend down to the floor. He did not stopped there but leapt up towards me. I lashed out with my right hand claws which I came to contact with the silver steel vest. It protect his chest from my claws. Instead he slash his claws onto my muzzle causing me to fall on the side. I got up with the scent of blood on my jaws. My blood and not his.

I am the Prime. I would not be so easily defeated.

I charged at him and thrust my claws to his arms; buried my claws in the forearms, I raised him up and tossed him to the wall. He hit it hard but he recovered just as quick. He got up and charged at me, but this time he went for my chest with his body slam to pressed on his hands grabbing at my neck and jaw. He bend the neck back to expose the jugular veins, but I I had my right claws into his groin. I hit him hard and deep, past his pelvis bone and into his intestine.

"Hora de perder sus bolas ( In Spanish; time to lose your balls. )" I howled out in my vocals close to the voice of Man. I clasped my fingers back and pulled it all out. He screamed and tried to hover away but I had my left claw holding his flight at the lower thighs. I pulled him down and sank my fangs into his left shoulder. I took a large chunk of his vest off before spitting it out.

"Se pierde, culo ( In Spanish, you lose, arsehole )" I took the fatal bite into his chin, crushing his jaws and fangs. Then I pushed him off me. He crawled on his back holding his groin. He would had made wise remarks but he could not talk with a dangling lower jaw. I raised up my right lower limbs and stepped onto his right knee; crushing it and then leaned down to looked at his face.

"My turf." I growled to him. The blow that came to my neck was hard and painful. I pulled at it and noted the tranquilizer. It was acting fast.



Killer

I was not back for an hour before I was summoned to the Library. I walked in there and went straight to the bar. I poured myself a soda and then seated myself on the nearest chair. He was standing by the window drapes looking outside.

"I wondered what was it like to be on the road like you, Sister." My brother was leaving his trail of sarcasm on me. I knew he hated me for the traveling I do during spring and summer; me and my guitar since I was thirteen. I never told him, I did it after I was raped by a friend who had drugged me. When I woke up next to him on the bed, I was furious and did what came naturally. Since then, I had been taking the two seasons to go out and enjoyed myself without two guards shadowing me. It was my arrangement with father; I told him I needed the space to mold myself for the empire. He understood and gave me his blessing.

"How many did you ...take on this season?" To him, the summer was like the hunting season; he scour for fresh victims among the tourists and young college students. He held no preference; he was open to all regardless of creed or gender.

"Seven, including one old trucker. They all been taken care of; meshed up with other meats or get eaten by the hogs. The town I was in had some large farms of hogs. The last one I grounded with the soil. He had too much fats." I finished off my soda. I got up and poured myself a second glass.

"One of them was our cousin. He was to find you after father's death." He was getting into one of his moods.

"Yeah, I did him too. He was getting onto me that he loved me. I knew we fucked before but that does mean I loved him. I had him thrown to the hogs. His blood would coursed in the young litter." I picked up my half full glass. I wondered if its half full or half empty. Like the cousin, we had to decide on the correct term.

"I wanted you back for the funeral." He was nice to remind me. I chose to remind him the family motto.

"Erich, the family does not mourn the dead. Its the living we mourned for they would need to die." I decided to filled up my glass. "I would be in my room if anyone need me. I am tired."

"I am expecting guests anytime soon. Perhaps you like to know them. Their files are on the tables." He motioned to the desk. I walked over and picked up the folders.

"I would read them later." Well, I lied. I started reading them when I was in the room. They were on the new threats to the family. I was particularly keen on one folder; Henri Letas. I think I would invite him over for dinner. A romantic one with candles. I loved to fuck with the candles.



No comments:

The Highland Tale Notes and onto Merrlyn

 The biggest challenge to re-writing or adapting a well known tale was to make it your own. As I had mentioned before, I wanted to do this t...