Sunday, December 15, 2013

The Tempest Prologue 12

Prologue 12

"Whose idea was it to take my child on that walk?" Peter Miller asked the two nurses standing before him at the Library. "I had given you all specific instruction that she was not to be taken out this block?"

"It was mine, Sir." Alice spoke up. " She was not well, and asked if she could walk outside."

"It was my suggestion, Sir." Marge added on. "She is still a child, and needed to run."

"Fools! I kept her here for a reason. She could had fallen or knocked by something. She is blind....." Paul replied in anger but was cut off by Alice.

"She is a child, Sir. You are the one who is blind. You are keeping her in seclusion." Alice spoke out. "I been with Miranda for over three years now. I seen her recover and grow. God, she needed a mother and....father. But you been hiding yourself here. How many times have you seen your own daughter in the last two weeks? Twice or thrice perhaps and for how long? Only a minute or most was give minutes."

"Shut your mouth, woman." Paul shouted out.

"Be the father for the child sake..." Alice never got to finished her words. She was shot by him. He turned to Marge who was standing there looking pale.

Paul shot her too. After she had fallen next to her friend, Miranda came walking in feeling the side of the wall.

"Alice? Are you here?What is that loud noise?" Miranda asked. Her father immediately rushed to her and held her there.

"They had left. I would take care of you." Paul told the blind daughter of his.

"Why? Did you hurt them?" Miranda asked. "I want Alice back. She was like a mother to me."


Paul did not answered his daughter but he became the father that Alice asked him to be. He was also the mother to her. 

No comments:

The Highland Tale Notes and onto Merrlyn

 The biggest challenge to re-writing or adapting a well known tale was to make it your own. As I had mentioned before, I wanted to do this t...