Friday, December 13, 2013

The Tempest Prologue 11

Prologue 11

It was one year since she was not able to see anything. She knew that she still have her father but she missed her mother. There were the other ladies who helped her but she hardly speak to them, and nor do they to her. It was that afternoon, when she heard the door opened. She had taken her bath and was being dressed up by Marge. She liked Marge as she was more gentle and used to hummed when combing her hair for her.

"Marge, he asked for you." It was Alice who then took over the dressing from her friend. "I think he wants you."

"At this bloody hour. What does he take me for? A bitch with an open hole." Marge complained. "Even his wife would resist."

"Hush, and get going. The faster its done, the more we get to rest." Alice told her. She then dressed up Miranda.

"Alice, why did my father called Marge? What can't he wait?" Miranda asked. She heard the nurse chuckled and then replied to her.

"He is lonely, girl. He misses you mother, I guess." Alice told her. "We are just helping him get over it."

"Mother's dead." Miranda replied. She missed her mother but she always daddy's girl. "Maybe he is lonely."

Miranda paused and then asked Alice again.

"Did he asked for you?" Miranda asked. "Do you comfort him too?"

"No, he hardly called me. I guessed I am....not his type. Why do you asked?"

"I am lonely too. My father hardly read to me anymore. He was always in there, and I am here. I missed my mother too." Miranda told the other. "Would you comfort me please? Like how my mother used to do. "


That time, Miranda felt that she needed some motherly love. Alice who never had any kids, cradled the child into her bosom and hummed some chorus. It was the start of a new level of relationship between the two of them. Soon Marge ended up more with the father until her dismissal with Alice three years later. 

No comments:

The Highland Tale Notes and onto Merrlyn

 The biggest challenge to re-writing or adapting a well known tale was to make it your own. As I had mentioned before, I wanted to do this t...