Thursday, July 18, 2024

The Highland Tale; The King Act Five Scene Five Sub Act Two

 

THE DEATH OF THE QUEEN

ACT FIVE

SCENE FIVE

SUB ACT TWO

 

The healer closed the door on his entry to the queen’s chamber. The maid was seen dressing the queen, who was dead then. He approached the bedding and saw the maid cleaning the lady’s hands.

“Martha, she is dead.” The healer told the maid.

“Aye, she may be, but she wants her hands cleaned. She always cleaned them several times daily.” The maid sighed. “I have served her for years, from when she was a bonny lass to this date. She was...”

“A dame.” The healer assured the maid. “She is away for good now.”

“Where is the King? Should he not be at her side now?” The maid asked.

“He is at war now. I heard the English had besieged Dunsinane. Prince Malcolm is back.”

“Hush. This is the Queen’s chamber. She may...” The maid hushed the healer.

“Say no more. I will say it louder.” The healer shouted. “Malcolm is back.” 

“Ian Kinsey, one more outburst, and I will have your testicles in your throat.” The maid cautioned the healer.

“You would not swallow me whole.” The Healer retorted,

“You think my mouth is as big as your mama’s butt. Move it, healer. I have my task to do.” The maid shooed the healer off. He left for the outside and was met by the others.

“Is she... dead?” Another healer asked.

“Would she return to haunt us?” Another asked.

“I doubt it so. The Queen has her own ghosts to haunt her. They would not haunt you.” The healer named Kinsey said, “I have been her healer for years. She died... unnaturally.”

“Say more, Kinsey.” The others asked for him.

“Only for your ears. Speak not of these to the others, or I will...” Kinsey said.

“On my mother’s grave, I swore.” The other healer swore.

“You do not even know your mother, you bastard.” Kinsey cursed back.

“Well, then she would not know if I broke the promise.” The other healer said: “Tell us now.”

“She asked Martha to poison her. She could not take the woes of her life anymore. I gave the potion to Martha.” Kinsey admitted. “She died from it. Say no more of this.”

Nothing was ever said, but it was told many times to the others, and soon the whole land knew of it.

Did it matter then? Nope.

 

 

 


 

No comments:

The Loyal Lieutenants Act Zero Scene Two

  Act Zero Scene Two.   “Exodus 19:3-25 NLT. Then Moses climbed the mountain to appear before God. The LORD called to him from the mou...