Monday, July 8, 2024

The Highland Tale; The King Act Five Scene One Sub Act One

 

SLEEP WALKING

ACT FIVE

SCENE ONE

SUB ACT ONE

 

One main trigger of Sleep walking is experiencing heightened or chronic stress. Some researchers have surmised that experiencing episodes of anxiety and anger throughout the day may increase the chances of Sleep walking in people who are prone to it.

The castle had its share of weird happenings from the ghostly sightings to the cries in the night or rather the howling of the dead. The guards were used to it. They could find their sharing to the Porter who was still serving the castle households for that long.

No one wanted the porter’s task.

However, the Healers had their shares of comforting the guests that were disturbed by those weirds happenings.

One was not the guest but the Queen.

“For two nights I have watched her with you, but I have not seen any evidence of what you have described. When did you last see her walk?” The Healer asked the maid. They were in the adjacent chamber to the Queen’s. He was told that the Queen was seen sleep walking.

“Sleep walking is a form of …… manifestation of the mind that may triggered the event …….” The maid replied.

“Shudder your diagnosis. I am the Healer here.” The other retorted back. “Since you reported to me, I had prescribed her the dosage to sleep.”

“Or a goblet of whiskey.” The Healer added on. “I heard of it but when did she started ……... walking?”

“Since the King went to war, I have seen her rise from her bed; put on her nightgown; unlock her closet; take out some paper, fold it, write on it, read it, seal it; and then return to bed again ………all while remaining fast asleep.”

“She sleeps alone? Does she not ……” The Healer asked.

“Not for some time now. She told me he wakes up at night, and it is not for a hump then, but in sweats from the nightmare.” The maid said.

“The King suffered from nightmares? How come I was not told?” The Healer asked.

“Well, if the King does not say, would you?” The maid replied. “He is the King and …….”

“I know. Many had abstained from telling lest they are removed for good.” The Healer sighed.

“It is deeply unnatural to be asleep and, and the same time, perform the actions of those who are awake. When she is in this state ……. besides walking and doing other things ………have you heard her say anything?” The Healer asked.

“I would not tell on my Queen.” The maid said. “There are noises which I am not privy to hear.”

“Come on, lady. I am not keen to know if he humped her to her completion or bemoan that he did not. I am only interested in the sleep walk events.”

“Yes, sir, but I will not repeat it.”

“You can tell me. I am the Healer. That would be the proper thing to do.”

“I would not tell you or anyone else without having another witness to confirm what I heard.” The maid said. It was then they saw the Queen entered. She wore her nightgown over her dress. She was also holding a candle; most unusual for there were switches to the lights.

“Look, here she comes! This is what she always wears, and …… the candle …… it is scary. I swear on my life—she is fast asleep. Watch her. Stay out of sight.”

The Healer and maid took to hide behind the curtains there.

“How did she get that candle?” The Healer asked.

“It stands by her bedside. She always keeps a light by her. She wanted the candle there. That is her command.” The maid replied. “You see, her eyes are open. Yet they do not see anything. I had followed her once.”

“What is she doing now? Look how she rubs her hands.” The Healer said.

“She does that a lot, as if she is washing her hands. I have seen her keep doing that for fifteen minutes.” The maid replied. “Hush, she speaks.”

 

 

 


 

No comments:

The Loyal Lieutenants Act Zero Scene Two

  Act Zero Scene Two.   “Exodus 19:3-25 NLT. Then Moses climbed the mountain to appear before God. The LORD called to him from the mou...