Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Coriolanus Act 5.3.1

Scene 5.3.1

The General’s tent

“It will be done.” Coriolanus spoke up before he retired to his seat at the side of the tent. “We will be before the walls of Rome tomorrow.”

Before Coriolanus was the High Command of the Volsces army; no one were beneath the rank of Colonel and with a few of the Generals. They were all discussing their next stage of the battles. The forces were making progress with rapid insertion in the Roman lands. They had created a stalemate in the armors of the Roman when the supply lines from the flanks were cut off or destroyed. Without the essential power cells, the tanks and armored vehicles were grounded. With the armored at a standstill, the sneak attacks soon reduced them to scraps or remove the crews. With that, the war with Rome was almost coming to an end.

“You must report this to the Senators. We are ahead of schedule.” Coriolanus spoke to Audifius. “You must say how plainly I have borne this war.”

Coriolanus adjusted his seat; the high back chair was made from woods, but it lacked the design that crafted comfort into it, they left out the cushions on his. The staff had furnished the tent with the others with the low back chairs with padded cushions. The middle of the tent housed the long table covered with the maps and markers to note the army positions. Most of the Volsces markers are laid in Roman’ lands. On the sides of the tent were two tables lined with food and drinks. Audifius was seated to the left side with the Generals. He heard Coriolanus request. He put up a smile. The ex-hero of Rome was clearly a better strategist than him. What had concerned him was the old man they met outside the perimeter. Clearly, he was an old friend, and whispers had been passed between them.

“You have respect so stopped your ears from the Romans; never admitted a private whisper, not with such friends that them sure of you.” Audifius replied in a cautionary tone to Coriolanus. The later smiled on listening to Audifius.

“That old man? Whom I have sent back to Rome. He loved me indeed. Their last refuge was to send him; whose old love I have; though I showed sourly to him just then. Will I lend ear to? Ha! I will…” Coriolanus was interrupted by the shouting outside the tent. Nevertheless he raised his voice to said; “Shall I be tempted to infringe on my vow to you? Nay, I will not.”

“Shattered my thoughts those noise. Send them in whoever awaits outside.” Coriolanus called out to the guards outside. The ones led in were never was in his thoughts then. 


“Mother, Virgilia, my son?” Coriolanus stood up when he saw his family. He was enraged that Menenius would have done such an act. “I will kill the old bastard…”

No comments:

The Highland Tale Notes and onto Merrlyn

 The biggest challenge to re-writing or adapting a well known tale was to make it your own. As I had mentioned before, I wanted to do this t...