Thursday, April 23, 2015

Titus Adrian Act 2 Scene 2.3.3 ( Contain explicit materials )

ACT II

2.3.3

Lavinia gasped at the sudden killing of her husband. They were just a happy couple a few ago, and now he laid dead
there killed by a couple of young men. Bastion had promised her a home filled with their children and now he was
dead. Their plans for the family all gone and she was all alone. She looked to the lady who raised those killers.

“Ay, come, Semiramis, nay, barbarous Tamara Lavinia shocked at the sudden attack by the sons cursed at the
Queen. “For no name fits thy nature but thy own!”

“Give me thy machete; you shall know, my boys your mother's hand shall right your mother's wrong.” Tamara
reached out for her son’s machete.

Stay, madam; here is more belongs to her.” Demetrius consoled his mother. First thrash the corn, then after burn
the straw.”


Such was their way in battle; they killed not only the men, but also the dependants. Those they do not kill, they
enslaved or they soiled with impunity to the soul. Demetrius looked towards Lavinia. His eyes betrayed his
intentions.

This minion stood upon her chastity, upon her nuptial vow, her loyalty, and with that painted hope braves your
mightiness: And shall she carry this unto her grave?”

An if she do, I would I were a eunuch. Drag hence her husband to some secret hole, and make his dead trunk pillow
to our lust.” Chiron laughed out at the words of his brother. Their doe was there for their taking. They once violated
a lady in front of the husband. They knew nothing of decency nor of shame.

“But when ye have the honey ye desire, let not this wasp outlive, us both to sting. Tamara was ever vicious. She
once had another who competed with her for the King’s bedding; she had the other framed for adultery and killed
with the befitting punishment; and also the family of the lady killed alongside her.

I warrant you, madam, we will l make that sure. Come, mistress, now perforce we will enjoy that nice-preserved
honesty of yours.” Chiron told his mother. Lavinia then felt fear on her. If she was to be killed like Bastion, she
would have embraced the blow without a cry, but she knew their intentions were vile than just mere killing.

“O Tamara! Thou bear'st a woman's face,--“Lavinia pleaded but the other ignored her.
I will not hear her speak; away with her! Tamara told her sons. She looked to the other lady. She was there like
her before, except she was younger. There was no mercy then and there would be none for her accuser.

Sweet lords, entreat her hear me but a word.” Lavinia fell to her knees. The Queen turned her back to walk back to
the camp where the other ladies await her. Lavinia was to follow but Demetrius stopped her.
“Listen, fair madam: let it be your glory to see her tears; but be your heart to them As unrelenting flint to drops of
rain. Demetrius called to his mother while he restrained Lavinia.

“When did the tiger's young ones teach the dam?” Lavinia struggled in the hold of her captor. She looked to
Demetrius for pleas of mercy. “O, do not learn her wrath; she taught it thee; the milk thou suck'dst from her did turn
to marble; Even at thy teat thou hadst thy tyranny. Yet every mother breeds not sons alike.”

Lavinia saw her plea had fallen on deaf ears. Demetrius had the look of a person perverted with vile desires. Lavinia
looked to the other named Chiron.

Do thou entreat her show a woman pity?”Lavinia reached for the other but was turned away.
“What, wouldst thou have me prove myself a bastard? Chiron was always there to impress to his brother.

'Tis true; the raven doth not hatch a lark.” Lavinia sank down to her knees once again. “Yet have I heard,--O, could
I find it now!-- The lion moved with pity did endure to have his princely paws pared all away: Some say that ravens
foster forlorn children, the whilst their own birds famish in their nests: O, be to me, though thy hard heart say no,
Nothing so kind, but something pitiful!

I know not what it means; away with her! Tamara grew tired with the whimpering.

“O, let me teach thee! for my father's sake,” Lavinia fought for her freedom. That gave thee life, when well he
might have slain thee. Be not obdurate, open thy deaf ears.

“Hadst thou in person ne'er offended me Tamara replied. “Even for his sake am I pitiless. Remember, boys, I
pour'd forth tears in vain, to save your brother from the sacrifice; But fierce Adrian would not relent; Therefore,
away with her, and use her as you will. The worse to her, the better loved of me.


O Tamara, be call'd a gentle Queen” Lavinia struggled loose of her bindings and rushed towards Tamara and
pleaded. And with thine own hands kill me in this place! For 'tis not life that I have begg'd so long; Poor me I was
slain when Bastion died.
“What begg'st thou, then? Foul woman, let me go.” Tamara kicked Lavinia. “I am no gentle Queen. I was forced to
be one and forced my way to stay as one. Don’t talk to me of gentleness when your own kind showed me none.”

“'This present death I beg; and one thing more that womanhood denies my tongue to tell: O, keep me from their
worse than killing lust, and tumble me into some loathsome pit, where never man's eye may behold my body:
Do this, and be a charitable murderer.” Lavinia welcomed death to the other.

“So should I rob my sweet sons of their fee’s.” Tamara looked to her sons. “No, let them satisfy their lust on thee.

“Away! for thou hast stay'd us here too long.” Demetrius grew impatient. He held Lavinia back to his arms.
“No grace? No womanhood? Ah, beastly creature! The blot and enemy to our general name!” Lavinia pleaded in
desperation. Confusion fall….”

Nay, then I'll stop your mouth.” Chiron struck Lavinia in the face. He then told Demetrius to bring the husband.
This is the hole where Aaron bid us hide him.”

Demetrius threw the body of Bastion into the pit. He then dragged the unconscious lady with his brother. The Queen
saw her sons dragging the lady off.

Farewell, my sons: see that you make her sure.” Tamara spoke to them. “Ne'er let my heart know merry cheer
indeed, till all the Adrian be made away. Now will I hence to seek my lovely Moor, and let my spleenful sons this
trull deflow'r.

There was no screams for the unconscious Lavinia was not aware of the act on her, but she did screamed out loud
when she discovered it. It was not Bastion but another man inside of her; a violation of her sacred vows when she
wed Bastion. She fought hard but what was one against two who were more superior to her.
“Silence the wench, Chiron.” Demetrius called out while he conducted his amorous acts. “She distracted me with
her screams.”

Chiron reached for the machete to club her but Demetrius stopped him.
“I said silence and not death.” Demetrius shouted out. He got off and cursed at her. “Your vile screams are too loud.
I shall have it removed.”

With those words, Demetrius reached for Lavinia’s mouth to pull her tongue out. With one pull, he had her tongue
removed. She screamed out in pain, but there was no voice in her. Demetrius threw the discarded tongue before he
stepped aside.

“She will scream no more.” Demetrius laughed while he resumed mounting her.

No comments:

The Highland Tale Notes and onto Merrlyn

 The biggest challenge to re-writing or adapting a well known tale was to make it your own. As I had mentioned before, I wanted to do this t...