Thursday, April 16, 2015

Titus Adrian Act 1 Scene 1.1.10

Act 1

Scene 1.1.10

“We do, and vow to heaven and to his highness, that what we did was mildly as we might, tendering our sister's
honor and our own.” Lucas stepped up to speak for his own sister.

“That, on mine honor, here I do protest. Micheal protest on it. With his plan to place Titus as leader failed, the
union of Lavinia will have rebuild that influence. He felt the young does not understand the need of influence with
the leaders. Saturday grew tired of the Adrian divided stand on his position and that of his Queen.

“Away, and talk not; trouble us no more.” Saturday turned to leave but his Queen stopped him.

Nay, nay, sweet leader, we must all is friends: the elder Adrian and his nephews kneel for grace; I will not be
denied: sweet heart, look back. The Queen was persuasive with her words. Saturday turned to address the offending
Adrian.

Micheal, for thy sake and thy brother's here, and at my lovely Tamara's entreats, I do remit these young men's
heinous faults: Stand up.” Saturday commanded them as their leader. He then turned to Lavinia, the lady whom he
had earlier courted.
“Lavinia, though you left me like a churl, and then I found a friend, and sure as death I swore I would not part a
bachelor from the priest. Come, if the leader's court can feast two brides, you are my guest, Lavinia, and your


friends.” Saturday looked to his Queen for approval. She nodded to him before he replies. This day shall be a love-
day, Tamara.

All the assembled laughed at the thought. To them it was a fitting end to the day of mishaps. Titus chose to thank his
leader for the mercy.

“To-morrow, if it pleases your majesty to hunt the panther and the hart with me, with horn and hound we'll give
your grace bonjour. The morning hunt was one of the barons’ favorite events and none had declined such an offer
before.
“Be it so, Titus, and gramercy too. Saturday replied.

No comments:

The Highland Tale Notes and onto Merrlyn

 The biggest challenge to re-writing or adapting a well known tale was to make it your own. As I had mentioned before, I wanted to do this t...