Monday, April 27, 2015

Titus Adrian Act 3 Scene 1.

ACT III

SCENE I.

Rome.

A street.

Prologue 3

Back in Goth, Tamara sat there by the side of her King while he ruled over his unfaithful lover; not his first but that
one was caught. It was Tamara who had caught the adulterous couple. She handled the couple to the King for his
judgment.

“Sabine, how do you think you should plea?” The King of Goths looked Tamara. The illicit couple had no objection
for their tongues were removed. “You have no objection.”

The assembled leaders all laughed at the silly joke, but General Othello stepped forth.

“I beg for their forgiveness.” Othello looked to the couple. The man was his own personal guard, Iago who did only
the mistake of getting involved with his previous lover when she was given to the King. “Iago mistake was love, but
he is still loyal to you. He is a honorable man.”

“Honorable?” Tamara voiced out. “What is his honor when he thrust himself into the …”

Tamara held back her words; if she had said Queen, she would be conforming to Sabine as one while she was the so
named Queen. She heard the assembled leaders there smiling at her reference of the move. She continued on.

“The so named vixen.” Tamara used the vile definition on the lady. “She have destroyed his reputation as 
leader.”

“My honor?” The King of Goths spoke up. “My Queen is right. My honor is stake. I hereby command that they be
removed their limbs. Then feed them to the predators.”

“No, feed their limbs and leave them to suffer without it.” Tamara was ever vengeful. ““I liken the act to that of
Philomela.”

“You are a tough lady, my Queen.” The King of Goths looked to the Queen. “Do you think the others will accept
that?”

“Are you not the King?” Tamara asked the King. “If so, then do what is needed to be one. Honor are bounded by
firm in your action. You must redeem your honor here.”

“I object, my King. Iago ..” Othello was cut off by the King.

“Honor, General. None may tarnished my name.” The King gave his command. It was then the Queen surprised him
with her other request.

“And their children too.” Tamara spoke up. The King nodded to her request. Such was the influence of the rightful
Queen.


“My King, you are making a mistake. You speak of honor, yet you languish in the fifth of those who does not know
what honor is.”General Othello spoke his last words and took his leave. The King did hear the General for he was
caught up by Tamara whispering lewd remarks then.

Such was the ‘honor’ of the King then.


No comments:

The Highland Tale Notes and onto Merrlyn

 The biggest challenge to re-writing or adapting a well known tale was to make it your own. As I had mentioned before, I wanted to do this t...