Thursday, July 3, 2014

Preys & Predators II; Chessmen ( Rated for Mature Readers ) 1.48

Checkmate the King

Dark Pawn
Sylvia Graden

White Pawn
Micheal Darren

Dark Knight - Killer
Billie Diane / Billy Dane

White King - Leader
Marlene Phillips


White King

If I am to cover my trails, I need to report in at the Precinct. After the roadblock mishap which I called in as backup, I went in with a raging mood. I spew my anger at the Agents and their back up for letting the Chessmen get away. I also gave them the Camarro number for them to track.

“Commissioner Glades, your men were pathetic.” I laid out my opinion to the Police Chief. The other sat there and looked grimly at me.

“Special Agent Phillips, I am sure my officers did all they could, and somehow whoever was chasing you still managed to get away.” Commissioner Glades was holding back his anger. “However, we would do the needed to find out who was it.”

“Do it, Commissioner. I need to report back to my Superiors.” I left the Commissioner to do his own inquiry, and also to clean the mess at the warehouse. I walked to my section when my portable rang.

It was Sylvia.

I ignored it and proceeded to my section. I want to leave as soon as possible.

The phone rang again.

That time it was unknown number.

I ignored that too. I was packing when I saw Micheal.

“Why are you still here?” I asked.

“What happened?” Micheal asked back. “Was it Sylvia?”

I glared at him. Micheal had been a good agent, but he may be a threat. They all are as long as they knew of Chessmen. I need to remove all of them.

“Yes. Sylvia wants to meet.” I replied. It’s easier to get them together and then have them removed.


“Oh my God!” Micheal was relieved. He was having trouble getting in touch with Sylvia and then the lady called. I grabbed my jacket and followed the lady to the car park. 

No comments:

The Highland Tale Notes and onto Merrlyn

 The biggest challenge to re-writing or adapting a well known tale was to make it your own. As I had mentioned before, I wanted to do this t...