Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Preys & Predators II; Chessmen ( Rated for Mature Readers ) 1.47

Dark Knight

I wanted to see his expression but he turned away. He started on why he needed me and how he would always support me. I saw the pain in his movements; the same time when he first killed my Father. Sure the old man was a pervert and abuser, but he was my father. I never did find one like him; a fatherly figure but Mitch tried to be one. He was always there for myself, and even in my bed later.

Was it any different?

I guessed it was, as I loved him differently. He thought I loved him like a father, but actually I loved him more than that. He was the man in my life. I wanted to introduce him to the Queen when he came back, but he declined. He kept on saying that he was not ready.

Damn! He was not ready to accept her as he was gunning to kill her.

“Mitch, I saw the files.” I raised it up to him. “It was by ~”

“Like how you knew all my personal issues when we were together.” Mitch hit back hard. He was right; I did check on his personal records when we were together then.

“Isn’t that what a couple does?” I don’t know what made me say that, but it came out.

“We are a couple? Is your brain fried? I am your …” Mitch could not find the word to speak but he knew he was cornered. It was then I knew I was wrong all the time. I pulled the towel over my chest and glared at him.

“I think it’s time for us to go separate ways.” I stood up and reached for my last worn shirt. The Glock was laid by the side table next to it.




Dark Knight

“I am sorry, Billie.” I expressed my apologies while he got dressed. I saw him reach for the gun and my mind snapped. It was an instinct move from years of survival. I grabbed mine off the nearby armchair and turned to face him. He had the same thought and leveled his gun at me.

“I don’t think you are genuine in your apology. Leave the gun on the table while I leave here.” Billie replied. “We can go separately.”

“No, Billie. You cannot be allowed to do it. The Feds must not die.” I tried to reason with him. “You could be killed.”

“You are wrong.” I fired first and then jumped aside. The bullet hit him in the chest. He went down on his knees. I rushed over and held him onto my arms.

“Why did you not shoot?” I asked. Mitch shook his head.

“I love you.” That was all he said before he died.




No comments:

The Highland Tale Notes and onto Merrlyn

 The biggest challenge to re-writing or adapting a well known tale was to make it your own. As I had mentioned before, I wanted to do this t...