Friday, June 27, 2014

Preys & Predators II; Chessmen ( Rated for Mature Readers ) 1.44

Dark Bishop

I sat by the alley on the instruction on the Agent. I had told Marlene when I knew she was the Feds, and announced my intention to be a witness for them on the Chessmen. I want out since my own group is targeting me too. More to it, I want to retire soon. Billie was my other reason; we are past running and needed a place to retire. Since my move on Marlene, I did checked on her; also a bad habit of mine. I like to run through their bags when they are asleep. I found out her ID and gun, and that was why I shucked out in a hurry.

I recalled my conversation on her.

“Meet me at this location later today.” I was told, and given the GPS. Then the second call just got in.

“Mitch, this is Marlene.” I heard her clear. “Get on the Freeway. Meet at the next intersection. Look for a blue SUV.”

I saw her speeding below me, and moved my car to catch up. The Land Rover may be a monster on the road but so was the 1993 Chevrolet Camaro. The beauty was powered by a 350 LT1 V8 Engine Pushrod with 275 hp (205 KW) and 325 lb ft (441 N-m) torque with the Borg-Warner six speed manual transmission. I gunned the car to close the distance. It was then I saw the shots.

“Mitch, do your part.” Marlene shouted in. “Or the deal is off.”

I would have called it off, but when I saw the bike. It was Billie; he had shown it to me when I first arrive. He was proud of it; he even told me, it was like riding a steer in a rodeo.

I dialed Billie’ number. I prayed hard he would reply. He had not been answering for some time.

“Billie, it’s me. Pull over.”



Dark Knight

“Screw it, Mitch. I am not giving up.” I replied above the din of the traffic. “You can deal with her after I am done with her.”

“Billie, it’s our only chance of giving all those pasts away. Don’t make me to do it.” Mitch cautioned me. He had told me recently that he wanted to quit, and retired to the country side. We could get ourselves a place where the neighbors are five miles apart. Maybe adopt a kid to raise as our own.

Mitch would be Dad while I am Mum.

But I just lost the Queen.

I loved the Queen like my own. She may be a vicious person, but she loved me. She may have made me a killer, but she was the one who taught me more of it. She was like my Father, but still I loved him, despite his lust.

Damn! I love to be the submissive one unless I had to kill them.

“No, Mitch. She killed the Queen.” I shouted back before throwing away the head piece. The bitch had turned off at the last intersection and made me do a dangerous drift with the bike. I slide the bike close to the surface before righting it for the opposite direction. I swerved in between the oncoming vehicles and then gunned off in pursuit on the route taken by the bitch. Mitch was in the rear of her, riding pillion like a body guard.

We were on the side street, and less traffic.


Mitch took to his role too well; he slowed down and did a tangent stop with his car. He leaned out with the gun leveled at me. I was not stopping for him, or anyone else. I gunned the bike to the peak, and sped on.  

No comments:

The Highland Tale Notes and onto Merrlyn

 The biggest challenge to re-writing or adapting a well known tale was to make it your own. As I had mentioned before, I wanted to do this t...