Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Preys & Predators II; Chessmen ( Rated for Mature Readers ) 1.42

White King

I was surprised when Simon walked out with the rifle leveled at me. I looked to Mrs.Treacher for clarification.

“I did say I cared about those who are my flesh and blood. The Cleaners are my family members too. You had them killed cease my obligations to you.”

“Tracy, if you do this; you would end up in the run as a fugitive.” I explained to her the consequences.

“Fuck your section. I was trained by the military. I had been on black ops and been hunted before.” Tracy smiled. “But I am curious to know why you did you hit us.”

“I did not know then when we hit the place. It was a tip off, but it happened so fast.” I explained. “I called the bosses, and they told me to find you. But things happened so fast.”

“So you killed them all. I barely made it.” Tracy replied. “I wondered if we are still allies.”

“Call my bosses. They would clear it all.” It was the ruse I needed. I had my gun and jumped to the side while firing it. I hit the guy first, in the head and then Tracy in the chest. It was learned from Combat Situation Session, and it worked. I got up and approached the shot lady. She was still alive, but that was a fatal wound.

“You could have held back until we cleared things here, but you were too impatient.” I told Tracy.

“Me impatient? I was with that bitch for some time with my vengeance held back.” Tracy was spitting blood from her mouth along with the venom aimed at me.

“Then join your daughter.” I shot her in the head. I looked at the Dark Queen.

“I would be surprised that you would squirm at such moves. You are the Dark Queen after all.”

“I am not. I am just surprised at you, Agent Marlene. I am used to the killing, but you really surprise me. I was picturing you as a straight laced agent, following the codes of conduct.” The Dark Queen smiled. “Sanctioning killing squad? I guess we need to get the extreme for the new age.”

“Mary, I am past the speeches. I am here to offer you a new direction. I want into the Chessmen. I have been hunting you for a long time. During the time, I had learned more of the Chessmen, and I believed to know more of your organization. I want in.”

“You want in?” The Dark Queen laughed. “Killing two of them does not qualify you automatically.”

“But if I held back the investigation on the Chessmen.” Marlene injected in. “I can be the informant.”

“Name your offer.” The Dark Queen told her.

“The new Chessmen needed a new leadership.” Marlene looked to the Queen. “It’s a good operation; a profitable one. I am ~”

“You are proposing to come in as the new King.” The Queen interjected in. “Marlene, I have been in the business to know the catch. So what is your price?”

“I want ten million in diamonds or gold as my fees as the new King. With that I promise you protection from the Authorities.”

“So the White King truly displayed her loyalty on the board.” The one known as the Dark Queen replied. “I should have anticipated that or you would not have come alone. I am sure the fees can be arranged.”

There was a briefcase near the Dark Queen. She motioned to that.

“Inside are gems and uncut diamonds worth that value or more. It’s yours.” The Dark Queen had come prepared to negotiate with the payout. “I like to come prepared. Like in a game of Chess, I planned my moves beforehand.” 

“You were good Queen, Mary. You managed the Chessmen well, both as the Knight then and now as the Queen. But you are a risk. Its time, I will form the new Chessmen” I spoke up. “But I may do with a new Queen.”


With that statement, I shot the Dark Queen in the face.  

No comments:

The Highland Tale Notes and onto Merrlyn

 The biggest challenge to re-writing or adapting a well known tale was to make it your own. As I had mentioned before, I wanted to do this t...