Saturday, June 14, 2014

Preys and Predators II; Chessmen ( Rated Mature readers only ) 1.39

White King

I placed down the portable and looked at Micheal. He finally came in and reported to me. We been discussing the case, and all the facts were laid out.

Micheal was with Sylvia but he lost her in the Car Park.

I knew who was Mary Ketch and then was on the run, assumed missing.

I crippled the Cleaners crew, but the Iron Lady was out there.

I knew one more named Mitch Brennan who called in to tell me more of the Chessmen. He was willing to come in as a witness, if I can help to trace one named Billie Diane.

“It’s all too moving too fast.” I spoke out to Micheal. “I never bargained for all this to happen. I did not know of Steven until he was found dead. I came in trying to see if there was a link, but you had to bring up Sylvia, which concluded the link.”

“You could have told me.” Micheal snapped back. “We ~”

“A failed relationship. You broke up with her then, and she asked for protection. I gave her that. But the situation drew us together.” I told him off. “I send you here as I was concerned that the murders could be a new Chessmen or a copy cat organization. I was right on the first one.”

“You knew Sylvia was here, and yet you did not warn her.” Micheal hit back. “You could have protected her.”

“From whom? I had protected her then. She was broken from the assignment and also you were missing.”

“I was ….” Micheal held back for a moment. “We broke up then, and she did not want to see me.”

“Yeah, very convenient for you. But did she know what really happened to her.” Marlene hit back. “She was one like them to blend in.”

“Yes, to the extent that she went for them like lovers.” Micheal looked away. “She became more diverse~”

“Diverse? Or was it that her hidden self?” Marlene interjected. She saw the hurt look on his face. She then changed her tone. “Sylvia was one of the best. She was better than you. She would do anything to get the assignment right. You did too.”

Micheal was once involved with a lady in the assignment. He kept it back from Sylvia but she knew. It was Marlene who told her to keep it under wrap.

“We all are involved in our assignments.” Micheal lashed back.

“Are you?” Marlene asked. “The moment you met Sylvia, you forgot all about your assignment. You went rogue on me. You went with her, and did something which I will not have condoned.”

“Then have my badge.” Micheal stood up and threw me his badge. “I had enough of your manipulations into my love life.”

“I will have it, but not now. I got the Queen to meet me. She wants to come in with you.” I told him. “You would assist me this last time as an Agent. Are you in or not?”

Micheal walked out without a word.








No comments:

The Highland Tale Notes and onto Merrlyn

 The biggest challenge to re-writing or adapting a well known tale was to make it your own. As I had mentioned before, I wanted to do this t...