Thursday, June 12, 2014

Preys and Predators II; Chessmen ( Rated Mature readers only ) 1.38

Dark Bishop

I cleaned the wound and dressed it. I stepped out of the house, and looked for my car hidden away in the bushes. I need to get to Billy or he may end up dead.

I had to protect him from them.

I could still do it. He does not know I had planted a tracker on him. It was part of my training.

“Mother, he would be fine.” I muttered to my dead foster mother. I owed her that much for having given me a mean to live. I searched the dead assailants, and found a portable phone.

It had a familiar number.

My employer; the Iron Lady.

But I had more. I knew who the Queen was.

I would find her but I may need help

“Marlene, remember me.” I dislike this but sometimes they are worth a second night.

“Yes, Mitch Brennan. I do.” I’ll be darned. She quoted my full name, and that only mean she had checked my background.

“I am surprised that you did a thorough check on me.” I replied with curiosity.

“It’s my nature to know who I bed. And for the better ones, I keep in mind their details.” She replied. She was toying with me and I had not much time.

“Marlene, I know who you are. And why you are here.” I went straight to the facts. “I could give you the Chessmen.”



Dark Queen

It was all falling apart, with the new team and then the Mayor’s exposure. It scared away the Investors, who shied from the publicity. They are there for the high returns on their investment, but the reaches of the law had touched their lair. They called me to tell me of the visits by the Feds for some records.

Damn you, Marlene.

Damn you all.

My contracts are being void by the enforcers; no one works for free. Instead contracts are out for me, paid for with the funds I helped to create.

I need to end this or faced total extinction.

I looked to the assembled Chessmen; the last surviving ones but there are some missing in the assembled. It does not concern me, as I would have them hunted down. I raised my glass of wine to them, after having told them of the crisis.

“We would meet again soon after the heat is off. For now, settle into your normal life. I would channel you the funds to live on until we revive the Chessmen again.” I gave my speech. One of the recruits asked me of the time frame to reunite.

“Soon, my Pawns. We are in a stalemate now, but there are new games to begin with when we are refreshed.” I raised my wine and once again cheered them. They all took their drinks with a toast to my leadership.

Good followers have loyalty to the cause. After all, they had their first recent payout of funds in their bank savings. It was a gesture of good will on my side. I watched them all took the drink, and then stood there smiling.

The first to collapse was the weaker ones, and then the others. I walked among them, looking at the listless eyes, and surprised facial expressions on the faces. It’s a wonder what a drink laced with cyanide could do within seconds.

Or not all the time. The one who questioned me, staggered up to stand. He must had taken a smaller dose, or spit it out in time.

“You should finish it. It was a good year for the harvest.” I shot him in the head with the suppressor on the gun. Then I called Marlene.


“We need to meet and talk.” The same message was relayed to Mrs.Treacher.

No comments:

The Highland Tale Notes and onto Merrlyn

 The biggest challenge to re-writing or adapting a well known tale was to make it your own. As I had mentioned before, I wanted to do this t...