Tuesday, May 4, 2021

Tweet...tweet... 4th May 2021.... The Chronicles had started

 

On the day of me having celebrated the living years in my lifetime, I had embarked on the challenge of doing an adaption of the Divine Comedy (The Divine Comedy (ItalianDivina Commedia [diˈviːna komˈmɛːdja]) is a long Italian narrative poem by Dante Alighieri, begun c. 1308 and completed in 1320, a year before his death in 1321.) or you can read it here. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Divine_Comedy

Initially, it looked like fun to adapt that. I had the storyline had differed to the future with a glimpse of scifi. But what I did not bargain for was the reference to the belief then. I did read articles on the Divine Comedy but nothing prepared me for the depth of the tale, and its relevance to God. 

Okay, no major issue there. I had my tale adapted, and after a series of more readings and writing, I have done what I will call Part One. In the original tale, there are 99 Cantos split equally into 33 Cantos per part; Hell, Purgatory and Heaven. I did up to 13 Canto for Part One of Hell over a month of reading and writing, at 37,469 words. 

Beforehand, I have to convey my apologies if I may have offended anyone in the faith on the references in my tale. This is not the Divine Comedy but an adaption and there were changes to its contents.

Soon I hope you will read it for the literary works.

Cheers

No comments:

The Highland Tale Notes and onto Merrlyn

 The biggest challenge to re-writing or adapting a well known tale was to make it your own. As I had mentioned before, I wanted to do this t...