Thursday, May 27, 2021

Arthur II Book IV Chapter 4

 

4.

Morgan Le Fay took a deep breath soon after she had returned to the realm where she had escaped from. She breathed in the fresh air there and then pressed her feet on the ground. She was by the tree trunk where she took to leave for the alternative realm.

“Have we returned to your realm, Mama?” Morgan heard the question and turned to look at the young man who stood next to her. Mordred had grown in the alternative dimension and there he stood at the early years of his second decade. He was taller than his mother and wore a dark blue tunic with the leather belt that held his Elf sword. He had on his hair grown to the rear and tied to form the ponytail that reached his waist. He wore the dark soft boots provided to him by the dwarves. He was given a bag of coins to use. He knew how it works but the value was insignificant to him.

“Yes, my dear Mordred. You are in my realm. From now, you will learn to live like the others; learning their skills and soon, you will be a knight. I want you to be good to seat yourself at the round table.” Morgan looked at her son. “You will then plan the revolt from what we have planned.”

“Then what of yourself, Mama?” Mordred asked.

“I have my tasks, Mordred. From here, until you become King, we will never meet, or if we do, we will be strangers. I will wipe out that memory from you. You will be Mordred, on your own.”

“Wait. Before you do that, can you tell me who may be my father?” Mordred asked. “I don’t want to …”

“I doubt you will meet him. I know not by his name, but I will tell him when I do see him.” Morgan told Mordred. “You must not push to know your father. He will come when he is ready.”

“Can I …”

“No more questions, Mordred. You are to head to Camelot. Remember your task is to be King. You can be one but not alone. You need the knights to help you. You must know them by name and be trusted but never will you trust them. As King, you are alone. No one is a friend forever.”

“I was …” Mordred pressed on.

“I know your question. I have been your Mama for so long. Your aunt, Morgause is missing and will remain missing to you. I will seek her myself. Now be gone.”

Mordred took his first step into the new realm. He had lived in the alternative reality. His friends; real and imaginary were all not there with him. He was alone. He turned to look for his mother but she was gone. He moved on and reached the edge of the forest where he saw a rider there. He called out to the rider.

“I am new here. Can you help me?” The rider that Mordred addressed was wearing green armor. He smiled when the rider approached him.

Merlin had done the same to the lady that he rescued but she was unable to recognize him. She was lost to her own identity. She looked simple with a mature look on her expression. She was wearing a simple tunic with her hair loose down her back.

“Who am I?” The lady asked. She looked to the elderly man and then to the elf that was standing by the other.

“We don’t know. We found you in the forest and brought you here.” Merlin looked at the lady who at one time was a powerful witch and at some time, she had wanted to kill him.

“Do I have a name?” The lady asked. “Can I have one?”

“Oh…:” Merlin paused in his voice. He was to utter the name when the elf spoke first.

“Mary. That was the name we gave you.” Ronin smiled at the lady. “For you who are gentle, the name is for a gentle lady.”

“Mary it’s.” Morgause smiled. Merlin saw the lady retreated to her place where she had rested for more than a season. He then turned towards the elf.

“She must not leave here. Not like this.” Merlin told the elf.

“I can’t promise you that. She is healthy in the body and may move on her own will.” Ronin replied. He saw the glare from the other. “I will try.”

It was trying for Lancelot then while he sat by the creek trying to reconcile his action to kill the lady at the Marcellus Villa. He was unsure of why he did it. All he knew was that she was a threat to Guinevere. It had happened but the memories of the meeting remained in his mind replaying there as if to taunt him of his sin.

“Lancelot, we need your help.” Elaine looked at him. “It’s for Guinevere and me. There is a lady named Adele who is with the Marcellus family. She is a witch that planning to kill us for the secrets we knew of her past. She is planning the murder of the Marcellus.”

“How do you know of this? Why did Guinevere not tell Arthur?” Lancelot raised his suspicion.

“Arthur is still a Roman. He can’t just go and kill that witch. Not when she was is a Roman citizen.” Elaine looked away. “Maybe I was wrong to ask you.”

“Yes, I can’t do it. I am the knight of Camelot. You need to find someone else like …. The Black Knight. Is the Queen safe?”

“Yes, Guinevere is safe at Camelot but she is worried. She had asked me for the fear of Arthur.”

“Well, I can’t do it.” Lancelot had told her then and walked off. She knew that he may do it, for it was in his love for her. Or he will get the Black Knight to do it as he had mentioned the name.

“Lancelot, do not take me for a fool,” Elaine said.

At the creek, Lancelot had cleaned himself in the creek, washing his hands several times. He had blood on them before but never had he killed a lady in anger. And to that, there was the other knight that saw the act.

“The Green Knight will need to be silenced or the Black Knight to remain hidden,” Lancelot told himself.

 

 

No comments:

The Highland Tale Notes and onto Merrlyn

 The biggest challenge to re-writing or adapting a well known tale was to make it your own. As I had mentioned before, I wanted to do this t...