Tuesday, May 4, 2021

Story Write Compilations Volume I Stories 56

 

For the sake of Milk

 

Author's Note:

Blood and Gore were called in a scene of a robbery. I thought of CSI and then SWAT but I ended up with NIKITA.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

I forgot the milk. And I am home without it, I am a dead target for her the whole evening. She needs it for her cats and I know her mood when her cats get too frisky without their milk. I pulled over at the curb in front of the convenience shop. It will be a dash in and out to the shop. All will be quiet on the home front. I know it's Valentine's Day, but in my current mood, I wished it was Armistice Day. Never a day we fought over the cat since it came into our lives three months ago. I spend more time on the couch than the darned feline. If cats have nine lives, I am shooting this one twelve times to be extra doubly sure it's dead. But she hid my gun when I threatened her with the cat. I was just joking. I am not going to waste twelve bullets on a feline. I could have just gutted it with my kitchen knife but I would cringe the next time I am to use it to cut the cold cuts. I had once the long thick rope in my hand but I had difficulty finding the correct beam to hang it over.

 

But there are others to skin a cat but right now I need is milk. "To poison or not to poisoned, that is the question." I sneer at my vile thoughts. I opened the door and walked into the shop. I went straight to the cold area on the left and saw my milk. There it's the elixir of pain. I was to open the cold compartment door when I heard the click on my neck.

 

"Move an inch and you will be measured for the ground ceremony."

 

Jumping Jupes! There is a gun on the back of my neck. My hand froze at the handle of the cold compartment.

 

"Look, man. I am here for the milk. I could come back another day. Please let me go." The gunman's hand went to my left shoulder and pulled it.

 

"Turn around, you jerk." I did as being told. The gunman is a large burly looking guy, I think as the face is wearing a ski mask. He is holding a gun and he has got a knife in his belt. I could take him down as I am a blue belt Karate student but they never teach us how to disarm a gunman. More so when the gun is at my face now.

 

"Follow me." The gunman moved aside for me to walked past him. It was then I saw the sprawled man on the floor. He is a middle-aged man and wearing an apron. He must have been the owner. The gunman prods me to walked to the fallen man. I did as I was told.

 

"Kneel." This is it. The final stage before I get shot. I am thinking to do my justification for the self-defense course I have been paying for three years. I could step aside and turned my body to do a finger jab into the gunman's ribs and then do an upper block on the hand holding the gun, followed by a deadly chop on the right of the neck.

 

"Move it, you jerk. I don't have a full day for you." He pushed me to my kneel. I did as he asked so long he does not pull the trigger. I looked at the fallen man and he is still breathing. I can see the bruise on the back of his head. He was knocked from behind and is probably unconscious. I will get the same and then all will be over. I can be home in time with the milk from another shop with no robbery in progress.

 

"Hold this in your hand." He is passing me a knife. But why? I took it from the gunman. "I want you to stab the man in the back repeatedly. Do it now or I will shoot you."

 

"No, I can't. That is murder. The man is alive and I could kill him." I dropped the knife on the flooring.

 

"Do it or it's your dead body soon. Do it now!" I don't know how and why, but I picked up the knife again. I looked at the body and I thought of it as the cat. Yes, it's the cat. The stupid cat. I raised the knife and pulled it down with force on the cat. I stabbed the cat nine times as its blood splattered all over me. My hands are bloodied and my clothes are coated with blood. Nine times is not enough as I stabbed it more three more times.

 

"Come alive, you bitch. I dare you....."

 

"Raise your hands where we can see it. Or we will shoot you down." I heard the voice and I stopped it. It can't be true. I just killed a man with a knife in my hand. I dropped the knife and slowly

 

"Put your hand behind your back." I did as I was told. I can feel the handcuff on my wrists. I was dragged up to my feet and faced the enforcement officers. There are two of them with their guns now holstered in, and one of them is checking the dead man.

 

"He's dead. Book the jerk for cold-blooded murder. You bastard." I looked at the officer next to the deadman.

 

Then I heard the familiar voice. It belonged to a new person on the scene. She is dressed as before but she is unmasked now. She was the robber in the shop who gave me the knife.

 

'"Ernie, what's up?" She just asked the officer for his first name.

 

"Hi, Detective. We responded to a 211 here and find this perv killing the man there with a knife. It's a messy one. We are taking him downtown. Do you want to take the case? Its robbery cum homicide."

 

"Not now. Take him down first. I would check in later. I got to ger milk for my cat. And Happy Valentine."

 

Happy Valentine, it's for me. I am going to leave my love for her cat.

 

No comments:

The Highland Tale Notes and onto Merrlyn

 The biggest challenge to re-writing or adapting a well known tale was to make it your own. As I had mentioned before, I wanted to do this t...