Thursday, December 31, 2020

Story Write Compilations Volume I Stories 4

 

Jack and Jillian

 

Author's Note:

This one is also an adaptation of Jack and Jill but with a different plot.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 



‘I never knew what Jack does for a boy his age but he is not guilty of the charges.

 

Let us access my client, Jack the Boy; born to a rich couple, they went separate when he was aged two and he lived with his mother on the weekends and his father on the weekdays. I guess the father’s attorney was better than the mother’s. His father is so busy taking care of Jack and that he leaves him with his caretaker; all three of them take care of his every need. By the age of five, Jack has his jet plane and flying crew, although he is not allowed to fly beyond the national boundary; Dad did not want his jet setting across the world before he was eighteen. He gets driven to the pre-school in a bus, that is owned by them; it comes with a playroom and built-in canteen. Dad was worried he might suffocate on the school meals. French fries dipped in day-old oil can be dangerous to the health of a growing kid, I can agree.

 

Dad wants him to be a normal kid, which is why he gets send to the pre-school to study with other kids. The school is owned by Dad so he vets every applicant from student to teachers to ensure they are suitable to be near his son. I can understand that too. On the day on which this trial is based, I have to re-enact the events to show the extensive damage on the kid. Jack comes home from pre-school; he just spend five hours there, and he is tired. He wants to take his bath and so he ran to the swimming pool. But the pool is being cleaned for the coming pool party that weekend. As it was a hot day, Jack then decided to try the jacuzzi but that is not working. There is a water cut in the area. So Jack was upset and being a small boy, he threw a tantrum. He threw his toys and his food, and that was when the Father walks in. Now the father is not in the mood to put up with such tantrums, so he told Jack to calm down. But Jack wanted his bath so he threw more tantrums. So in the end, the father gave him a four-gallon bucket and said; ‘fetch your water’. So Jack went out of the house and asked the gardener where is the nearest water source. The gardener pointed to the well at the top of the hill, and said ‘It's their yonder’. Jack asked the gardener to assist him but the man insists it was not his job. There was an argument between the two and Jack did try to assert his authority to tell the Gardener that he worked for Jack’s father. Nevertheless, the Gardener refused to assist Jack.

 

So Jack went up the hill, carting his four-gallon pail. Pardon my expression; he had no cart. It was an expression of mine saying he carried the four-gallon pail up there. It must have been half a mile and the temperature was hot; I know as I was driving in my jag to the house that day with the air-cond in the car at full blast when I saw him walking up that hill. So Jack filled up the pail, throwing in this large bucket attached to the rope on the winch. We weigh the bucket at the well; it was about half a pound in weight. And the well was not well designed for children; it had no cover on it and the wall around it was only two feet high, plus the floor around it was wet. But Jack did his scooping of the water from the well. He filled up the four-gallon pail and he slowly walked back home. Here is a kid aged five carrying a four-gallon pail filled with water. I mean this is inhumane.

 

More to it, he fell and rolled down the hill, with his four-gallon pail and water. The four-gallon pail hit the Gardener on the head and killed the poor man As for my client, he knocked his head on the swing at the bottom of the hill. He suffered a concussion from that fall. The death of the gardener was accidental and my client had no motive to kill him despite his argument with the deceased. And I am calling for a review of the father’s conduct and his failure to administer total parent responsibility for the child aged five. I am submitting for a plea of not guilty to the charges and adding in damages and costs deemed necessary to the child. And my costs too. That is my submission, thank you.’

 

‘Ms. Jillian, you ever have any kids in your life?’

 

‘No, your honor. I am not married. And I have no kids staying with me. I prefer to be independent of them.

 

‘Okay, counsel, I hear you well.’

 

‘Since the defense did not put up their case as the family of the deceased is too poor to pay for an attorney. And given the circumstances of the evidence, I assumed they are not required to do so. So I will proceed with the judgment. I find the child not guilty of pre-mediated murder. As for the damages requested, I find the father guilty of delinquent as of the guardian parent, which is why I divorce him and let him have the son to take care of.

 

I award the son the needed damages of the cost of medical costs and the replacement of his damaged toys.

 

And for you, Ms. Jillian, I find you delinquent in this trial. You saw the child walking up the hill on a hot weather day from your air-cooled Jag and you did nothing to assist too. You saw the argument and you also did not intervene as his attorney. You saw the pail struck the gardener and on the report, it said you assisted only the boy. And not the man who was dying on the ground. I find your action very sad for a normal person.

 

So I will now award you custody of the child to you as his attorney for 90 days so you can understand what parents have to put up with brats like this and how to become a normal person in an everyday life.

 

No comments:

The Highland Tale Notes and onto Merrlyn

 The biggest challenge to re-writing or adapting a well known tale was to make it your own. As I had mentioned before, I wanted to do this t...