Monday, December 22, 2014

Othello the Legatus Act 4 Part 6

Prologue 27

Brabatio looked at the scroll on his hands. He was back at his villa and was waiting for someone. Gratiano was seated at the far table, gobbling some exotic fruits that dripped the juices onto the tunic.

"Let me go, Brabatio. I have my ship ready and more to it...." Brabatio cut in on the words.

"Your mistress awaits you with her open legs." Brabatio had remained loyal to his dead wife, and shunned off the others who had came offering. He had lived his life solitary to raised his daughter, and for that he was exiled by her for her so called love. Gratiano was to reply when Lodovico arrived, as he was expected by Brabatio.

"Come forth, Lodovico. I have a task for you. Or more like the Emperor asked of you." Brabatio told his other cousin. "You are to deliver this to Othello."

Lodovico took the scroll, sealed with the Emperor's personal stamp.

"I heard of it, although I missed the Senate session. So its true that the Emperor wants him to be a Senator like his father."

"Your ears did not deceived you." Brabatio replied. "Its just my eyes that missed the events that would had led to it. Othello was never his true son, but a bastard or picked up trash from the battle field."

"But he had none to picked from." Lodovico told the other. "More to it, Othello is your daughter's love and one more voice to support you."

"Support? The man hates me. You were there, when I protested on his union. We all stood before the Emperor for justice, or was it mis-justice, as he won, and I lost." Brabatio sighed. "He must hate me for that."

"Said no more, Brabatio. I would seek him and put to right the wrong." Lodovico told his cousin. "I am the best there is in such situation. Come with me, Gratiano. Your ship I heard is ready to sail.'

"Aye, and a mistress to warmth my bed." Gratiano replied. He then looked at Lodovico. "Of you, I am sure there are some ewes I could spare."



No comments:

The Highland Tale Notes and onto Merrlyn

 The biggest challenge to re-writing or adapting a well known tale was to make it your own. As I had mentioned before, I wanted to do this t...