Monday, December 8, 2014

Othello the Legatus Act 4 Part 3

Act Four Scene 1 Part 2

Iago looked at the Legatus seated across him. He smiled as he felt his plan was working. He decided to act on it to fuel the pain.

"If you trust me as your friend and servant, then allowed me to give you more proof. Cassio would be here soon. He told me so. I would bait him to tell more, the truth of the matter. Then you can decide on your accusations, but hide till I call on you." Iago told Othello. He then moved to the window and looked out. "He is coming. Hide, my dear friend."

"Remember this, do not come out until I tell you so." Iago spoke to Othello who had hidden himself behind the bar. Just then Cassio came in.

"He was not there. Maybe he is with Desdemona. I shall not disturb their love making." Cassio told Iago.

"Just like when I was with Emilia, and you waited outside my door to listen in." Iago baited him.

"Alas, my friend. I won't do that, as I have my own lover. Be it few that we fucked, but every fuck was an adventure. One when illicit, made it more fun." Cassio replied while his mind thought of Branius. The Legion may not tolerate such cohabitation but he found the other most appealing, and dominant.

"Please do tell, Cassio. Its had been long since we shared the exploits of our illicit ventures." Iago sat there and offered a goblet of wine.

"We had lovers before but this one of mine can't seem to get enough. I may be in the fields or anywhere, and the lover just want to do it. Then it was all raw lust with or without our clothes. I could be on top or below, but the act was all about lust." Cassio told Iago. "It was never done until we are satisfied."

"Your lover is like any women. When they want it, they would just go for it." Iago laughed. We should call your lover the woman."

"A woman it is. Like one whom that cannot get enough." Cassio said it loud.

"But this one loved you." Iago baited him.

"Yes, the woman loved me. And so do I. But I held no losses if others have a go. Its my kind of love; open relationship."

"But I heard you were planning to have a union with your lover." Iago trailed another bait.

"Union? Most unlikely. We have a open relationship. My lover, the other lovers, we hold not commitments. My lovers are like whores. Anyone can take my place." Cassio laughed.

"But its true. You know me as a friend. I heard it from your lover." Iago went on.

"Preposterous! I am a free man. I would do as I pleased." Cassio replied. "If its a spoken, then its was a one sided interpretation. I held no part in the receiving side. I met my lover just only. And I shook off the hands; we were in the eyes of the public."

Then the door was opened and in came Branius.

"If its not the best of the Legion." Cassio wished his lover in but the other threw the sash towards him.

"Keep that sash. I would not have anything to do with that." Branius told him. "You could shared it with anyone, but not me. I am going to be a party to that. To think that you want me to replicate one for your other lovers. I had enough."

With that Branius turned and walked off. Cassio picked up the sash, while Iago told him to followed the Branius.

"Go," Iago told Cassio. "You don't need more of us to disliked you if you want your position back."

With that Cassio took to chase his other love. Iago smiled and then called on the Legatus.

"Come on out. Othello." Iago told him. "You heard if all from the horse mouth."

"I wanted to come out earlier, but your words stopped me. How could he do this to me?" Othello asked himself.

"Not him, buy your lover. She gave him the sash and he in turn gave it to the other. To her, whoever holds the sash is the next lover. Obviously, she think you are incapable of that love." Iago laid it out for the Legatus. It was a hurtful statement that cut into his heart.

"Did you see the sash?" Othello asked Iago.

"Just as clear as the water on the pond. He had it and gave it to Branius but the other refused to be a part of it. He went after Branius to give it back." Iago added on his sarcasm. "Was it his intents or her' s to recruit another lover among our friends?"

"Oh no! She was never like that. She was sweet and caring. She deserved not to be mine, but maybe the Emperor' and he would served her well as her servant." Othello did another self denial. "She was deserving of that. Not me at all."

"Stop worshiping her. She had you in her charms. You cannot see the fields from the grass." Iago told him off. "You make me sad as my Legatus."

"No, she was not like that." Othello continued on his defense for his love. "She was..."

"Everything you think, then dropped these concern of yours. Let her with your consent find her own pool of lovers. She may soon be saddled with one of their bastards that would called on you as their father." Iago retaliate on the words. How low have you bow nowadays? Are you not the Othello I once knew?"

"Let me kill her, and you do that to Cassio. Those are my orders, Centurion." Othello straighten up to his towering height. "We would do it to protect the Legion."

Just then the doorway was opened again. It was Lodovico, the cousin of Brabatio. He was with Desdemona.

"There he is, Lodovico as Cassio said he would be." Desdemona told the other who came from Rome.




No comments:

The Highland Tale Notes and onto Merrlyn

 The biggest challenge to re-writing or adapting a well known tale was to make it your own. As I had mentioned before, I wanted to do this t...