Friday, December 26, 2014

Devils Own ( Steam Punk Adventure ) 6.4

6.4

Kassius stepped off the carriage guard onto the open acrid land. It was devoid of any vegetation for miles, and nothing that was living was seen on it. Prince Csaba joined the later and told him that this was the land of Fafnir the Serpent Lizard.

“You have heard of the legend in your world, but in here Fafnir had created a land of his own. He kept the others from it by laying poison to its earth and the water here is all poisoned. Only Fafnir could survive in this land.” Prince Csaba told him. “I had the Vault created here to safeguard it.”

“If the land is poisoned, how could we step into it?” Irina asked.

“We could not, but to await Fafnir to seek us. He will come soon as he knew we are on the borders.” Just as Prince Csaba completed his sentence, the stench of utmost bad scent whiffed into their nose. The group covered their noses but their sight was greeted by the arrival of a giant lizard that was silver in its smooth skin. It had emerged from the ground; crawling out and slitter towards the group. It measured ten feet across with body length at over a hundred and twenty feet in length to the tail end. Its body supported by the two fore limbs and on the limb was the four talons that gripped the ground it crawled on. The end of its body was without limbs and ended to it long tail. It eyes were narrow slits with the green orbs beneath it. It had some spikes on its chin before the extended jaws and the fangs appeared out of the side of the jaws.

“Fafnir, I brought guests to see you.” Prince Csaba greeted the foul creature. “They come for the Ark which I had left in trust with you.”

Fafnir moved his head to sniff at the new arrivals, and then it snorted out some fumes off. It turned to leave but Prince Csaba had commanded it to stop.

“Fafnir, you are my servant. Heed your master’ command.” Price Csaba shouted out. Fafnir stopped and the turned to look at the prince.

“Csaba, you were once my master but not anymore.” Fafnir replied. “Richard II had defeated your army, and you are now just another prince.”

“Defeated?” Prince Csaba rebuked. “I am not defeated yet. I shall fight Richard II when I have regrouped. Now heed my command or prepare to be slain.”

Fafnir hissed out his tongue and then snorted out more fumes.

“The last time, I fought you and lost was not because of my strength, but my desire to hold your treasures. Since I have them, I am no longer yours to command.” Fafnir slammed his right limb forward. “Behold my talons before it tear into your body.”

Kassius was to challenge it when the prince stopped him. He held out his hand for the sword.

“Pass me the Sword of Mars.” Prince Csaba told the assassin. “Today, I will do what I failed to do years ago.”
Kassius passed him the sword and then stepped back. The prince held the sword with both his hands.


“Let us end it today.”

No comments:

The Highland Tale Notes and onto Merrlyn

 The biggest challenge to re-writing or adapting a well known tale was to make it your own. As I had mentioned before, I wanted to do this t...