Sunday, December 7, 2014

Othello the Legatus Act 4 Part 2

Prologue 25

Othello walked to the tent, dropping his Centurion armor and slept on the bedding. Iago and Cassio was there, having done their tasks on the legionnaires. They were all Centurions of the Legion.

"Othello, speak out your exploits." Iago asked the other. "Come on, we are your friends."

Othello who was lying on his back, whistled out and then sat up on the bedding. He laughed and then stood up. He swayed his hips and recount his interlude with the Governor' love; not his prime love, but his then favorite kept in the small villa by the lake. Othello was entertained for saving the Governor' role, but the mistress had extended the rewards. He was ending his exploits when he was informed that the Prime Pilus wanted to see him.

"Othello, I was advised by the Governor that you misconduct on your service with a staff of his household." Pilus Octavius told the Centurion standing there. "You are requested to be at his villa."

"But" Octavius continued on. "I told them you are not going over there. As a matter of fact, we are leaving for Rome this evening. And I cannot have my Centurion on any social calls."

Othello smiled and turned to leave, buy Octavius asked him to hold back.

"Othello, I had heard news of the infamous trio who was keeping scores of the ladies they have laid. Including a certain noble lady from Venice." Octavius told the younger version of him. "We have a motto in the Legion; trust and loyalty among ourselves. But that also need to be added in the meaning, discretion. The trio I just mentioned had the last part missing."

"I would let them know." Othello smiled. But Octavius was not finished yet.

"I want you to stop this antics. One day you would be in my rank, and having to deal with this would get you into hardship." Octavius told him. "More to it, you would be the first to know that I am leaving my love. Not all of us could take it when some one else seduced their wife. More so when I am not born of the Senate members. We lived on our honor and hardship."

"I am sorry to hear that, Octavius." Othello felt bad in him, as he was the one who seduced the other's wife.

"Go before I forget myself and honor." Octavius dismissed him. Othello walked back to his tent. He was met by Iago and Cassio. He did not disclosed the discussion but told them only the part of going back to Rome.






No comments:

The Highland Tale Notes and onto Merrlyn

 The biggest challenge to re-writing or adapting a well known tale was to make it your own. As I had mentioned before, I wanted to do this t...