Monday, April 14, 2014

Preys & Predators II; Chessmen ( Rated Mature readers only ) 1.17

The First Moves

Dark Pawn
Sylvia Graden

White Pawn
Micheal Darren

Dark Knight - Killer
Billie Diane / Billy Dane

Dark Bishop - Hired Killer
Mitch Dane / Brennan.

Dark Queen - Leader
Mary Ketch

White King - Leader
Marlene Phillips.


Dark Pawn

I sat at my table in my office. I was trembling; not from fear but from anxiety. It was Micheal I saw there on the screen. I was sure of that. He had not changed much. He can't be seen with me. That was the reason I left him. I had to focus on what happened here. There are too many coincidences.

Steven, my brother.

Marlene Phillips.

And Micheal was next.

Too many coincidences.

I smelt a mission. Like the old days as the Agent. I picked up the portable. I had to make some calls.

"Peter, it’s me. Sylvia. I need some weapons." Peter dealt in weapons; the untraceable ones. I had procured some arms for him before. It was needed when you operate a club that attracts a lot of attention. I gave him a list of what I needed.

“Sure. Get it ready. I would give you the place later.” I replied to Peter. “Put it on my tab.”

I replaced the portable and then it rang again. It was Bruno.

"Sylvia, we got Steven on the telly." I rushed to the box and turned it on to the news channel. It told me what I feared most. I picked up the portable and called Marlene.

“Marlene, who was it?” I was direct with my question.

“Sylvia, you ~” Marlene tried to pacify me.

“I had enough of your excuses, and tales. Who was responsible for the death of my brother?” I asked again.

Marlene took her time to reply. She must had figured my anger and dallied on her reply.

“It was the Chessmen. They are back under a new Queen. They are responsible for the serial killings~” Marlene was pulling at my patience. I interjected in with my impatience for the truth.

“No! The Queen died then. We destroyed them all~” Marlene retorted back.

“Of which you were not aware. There was one Knight who escaped, and she is the Queen now. Her name is Ketch, Mary Levine Ketch. We know that she escaped with a Pawn named Tom Stern. They are here in the city and we are hunting them.”

Mary? I recalled her name. She was the quiet one, and when she strikes back, it was fast and deep. She had no qualms who she removed in her tasks. She was not the toughest one; that one was shot by me in the head after she plunged the dagger into my left kidney. She was the last Queen.


If there is a new Queen, then I would do it again. After all, I still have one more kidney. 

No comments:

The Highland Tale Notes and onto Merrlyn

 The biggest challenge to re-writing or adapting a well known tale was to make it your own. As I had mentioned before, I wanted to do this t...