Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Preys & Predators II; Chessmen ( Rated Mature readers only ) 1.11

White King

I had not expected that from Sylvia, but she does have a strong arm. Her punch on my face was painful and broke my upper lips.

"I will be damned that you recruited Steven." Sylvia was upset. It was just that I did not expect the blow to be that hard. We used to spar in training but I guessed she had either improve or I had grown older.

"When did this happen?" Sylvia asked me back.

"Six weeks ago according to the local Bureau Office. They were onto the serial killing and then they found out that the new Queen was in operations." I told her. "I tried to get you but you were buried in the system. You were always my choice, then and now."

Four years ago Sylvia was my best agent then, and with her, I managed get to break up a major crime organization. She was good, with her looks and persuasive powers that even the enemy never knew even to the end. I had Sylvia faked her death in a shootout before we closed the case. She was given a new identity alongside with her brother, and relocated to another city. She was out of my jurisdiction and placed under the Witness Protection Detail.

“The local surveillance team picked up Steven' face in a recent operation and then the plan was underway. They found out he was a Pawn; unknowingly recruited by the Black Queen of the new Chessmen, an operation they were handling. He needed money and we needed an informant. The local office pinned him down with some trumped up charges and then offered him alternative choices. They did not know he was under the Witness Protection Program, nor did he tell them. No one checked with me. He worked hard and earned his rewards until two nights ago; they lost contact with him and suspected the worse. It was then his face came up on the system, and I recognized him. With that, I managed to open the hidden file and found out where you lived. That was why I flew in." 

"Marlene, he was a misguided ass. You could have told me." Sylvia hit back.

"Sylvia, I did not know." I explained to her. "I only knew two nights ago and flew here to tell you. I already got Micheal Darren on the task." 

"Micheal?" Sylvia remarked back. "You bitch."

She was to hit with again with the back slap, but I held out my arm to block it.

"He does not know either." I spoke up. "He thought you died. He never knew Brian or ........Steven as he was called now was involved."

"Marlene, I ought to shaft your face on the dildo." Sylvia was clearly upset. She was on close terms with Micheal then; they were lovers, and he took it hard when I told her Sylvia died. It was good for him, as they had broken up during the mission. So it was fine to have them separated but then events have a way of bouncing back.

"Micheal had been here for over a week. He is running the operations for me." I replied. "I wanted him in as he knew of the Dark Queen' previous operation."

"And with him, and me; you brought the family back again. You are a fucking bitch, Marlene." Sylvia lashed back again. "I regretted working for you. Now get out of my place and send my brother back to me."


Sylvia left me standing at the private room. I felt like a wretched mother then. I wished I could tell her that I can’t find Steven. 

No comments:

The Highland Tale Notes and onto Merrlyn

 The biggest challenge to re-writing or adapting a well known tale was to make it your own. As I had mentioned before, I wanted to do this t...