Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Preys & Predators II; Chessmen ( Rated Mature readers only ) 1.15

Dark Bishop

I sat on the garden seat and watched the children play. It was a strange feeling for me, I never had a childhood. I may have been adopted by a caring woman, but her early death on the delivery of her son. I was not there to enjoy the lost childhood, but was looking at the lady there. She was another Knight.

Ms. Darlene Dannings; a mother of two, divorced, ex-military with assignments in covert operation. She was good then and still was; on the records, she had killed others as a Knight. She was almost six feet tall, but build slim. I knew that she was on a regime exercise daily, and even go for martial art classes or for her evening runs. That was the only time, she was alone from her children; I don't do them, but the adults were not an exception. I saw her passing the children to her neighbor before leaving for her run. I followed her, to the location where I would be able to move for the next phase.

"Fuck!" I screamed when I bumped into her at the park grounds, behind the work shed. I intentionally moved into her path and we collided. She reacted with her military expertise, and used her arms to push me back onto the ground. She was off form, when with that effort; she stood there catching her breath. I deliberately struggled to get myself up.

"Don't you see where you are running?" I shoved at her, but she side stepped before she chopped her hand hard on outreaching arm. I had it seen coming and feigned pain.

"Aargh!" I shouted out which took off her guard; she assumed I was just another arrogant runner. She turned to run the other way, and I moved into my professional mode. I punched at her left lower back with my right finger jab followed by the clenched fist as a follow up move in to the area where the kidney met with the spine. She went down half crouched, but I had my left hand holding the Taser gun on her neck.

She screamed when I hit her with the Taser, and rolled over on her side. She was good at her fight; she kicked out with the right leg into my left thigh. I grabbed the extended leg by the heel and twisted it. It was then she rolled over a few times, to loosen my hold on her heel. She crouched on her left leg, while she massaged it.

“Who are you?”

“The last face you would see.” I told her when I charged at her. The lady was not finished yet; she jumped forth with her right palm at my jaw for the neck break blow, but I jumped up with my right knee bent and then lashed out with a straight kick into her face. She went backwards but was fast to recover. I elbowed back with my right arm at her face. She ignored the paralysis effect of the blow and swung her right leg aimed at my knees. It was a savate move; I should have studied her knowledge more on the arts. She moved in for a punch with her body turned, but I had retreated back. I had that planned; I threw the Taser gun at her. She reacted with her hands to protect her face, when I reached for my Walter PKK in the jacket suit. I fired that from the pocket at her; hitting the face. She went down clutching her left eye, while I moved in with my second shot at her face again.

The second one was the fatal shot; she fell down on her knees.

I stepped over and gave her one more shot in the back of the head.

There was no time for me to do anything else. I took for the path and ran on. I came upon some people nearby, and alerted them. I shout for assistance but no one took notice of me while I ran on. That was my initial thoughts, but I was wrong.

Someone did see me, did the kill and escaped from the scene.



No comments:

The Highland Tale Notes and onto Merrlyn

 The biggest challenge to re-writing or adapting a well known tale was to make it your own. As I had mentioned before, I wanted to do this t...