Monday, March 3, 2014

The Crusaders II The Players Calls 9.3

1.          Back in the deep forest of North West Canada

Clawler walked to the clearing followed by Weir Ulfrednar; he is holding the silver amulet. The other werewolf did not come alone, but with four others. Clawler fingered the amulet and recall the last event that happened two day ago. Their flight to the Philippines was by private jet and back.

"Who is Fenrir?" Clawler came out with the question in his mental communication.

"We do not know. It appeared out of the forest and started taking over the minor clans. Soon it came to my level and we clashed. I lost to the outsider."

"That's why you came to look for me." Clawler looked at the descendant of his enemy who looked away from his glare. "I killed Wilhelm again in the shrine. He is Baal's pet now."

There was no reaction from Weir but he walked to the right of Clawler and hit his right fist against the tree trunk there.

"Weir Ulfrednar, you knew then. You were there with Wilhelm when he fought with me. You are one of the wolves that ran. I should had placed your scent back then but now its all coming back now." Clawler could feel his claws coming out again, but he retracted them. "Tell me what happened since then."

"We found Wilhelm dead body in the bottom of the ravine. It was then another figure appeared; one of the spiritual world. He laid claim to Wilhelm's body and soul. He claims to be able to revive the wolf. We consent to it, but we asked for the amulet, but the figure said no. Its said the amulet belongs to Wilhelm. Later we were to know that the one we spoke to was Baal. He had spirited Wilhelm away and since then I had led the Lycan. I helped to populate it and made us a formidable breed but the blood thirst Vampires came to challenge us to join them. We did not and thus start the generations long war with them. Not until Fenrir was I ever usurp from my position." Weir looked at Clawler and called him by his real name.

"Mons, I cannot fight the pretender alone. You are the braver one. Please do it for the clan." Weir looked at the one he was to killed that day centuries ago.

"Weir, I am not a Lycan. I am a Windingo; we are a breed apart. I did not fight Wilhelm for the leadership; I fought him because he killed my wife and son. I left my Master after he we completed the task, and I went into the forest. I was no more the squire or Darius the boy brought to him by the Priest. I was back to been one of the Tribe. I lived an easy life then until I met the lady who would be my lover. We had a son and lived very happy in the forest. Then you and Wilhelm came and destroyed it all." Clawler spoke for the first time. "I went on this task as my new Mistress is asked to investigate something on the Lycan. This amulet can lead me to find more on the Lycan. Its did and allowed me to ensure the final death of the Lycan who killed my family."

Clawler threw the amulet to Weir.

"Tell your new leader that the Crusaders hunt it. Hide or run, its makes no difference. We would hunt it to Hell if need be."

"One of the Tribes, if you harm any Lycan, then there would be wat between us and you. And also the Windingo." Weir warned the other.

"There was never peace between us before and never would be." Clawler spoke out.

"What about your new family?" Weir threatens the family of wolves he protects. Clawler stares at Weir.

"Cris lose her mate to a tribal fight with another. She is under my protection until the cubs are old enough to fight. Any of you hurts her or the cubs before then would answer to me."

"Mons of the Tribe, you leave us no choice." Weir stepped away from the tree trunk. "We cannot have a rogue clan in this war."




No comments:

The Highland Tale Notes and onto Merrlyn

 The biggest challenge to re-writing or adapting a well known tale was to make it your own. As I had mentioned before, I wanted to do this t...