Saturday, October 22, 2011

Special Edition Male Tales

Most of us must had read about the death of the two year old child on the road who was knocked down twice while people are driving pass on the busy road. Well, I could not bring myself to see the clip but I felt the pain of the incident. I wrote this tale as a Special Edition in rememberance of the child and how we have evolved to be today. I wished the people who passed that moment and did not stop; please read this and then stand there to feel the same impact the child did.

To my Special Edition Tale.

A heartbeat away
It was once said that about fifteen thousand babies are born in a day in this world. That translates to possibility of thirty thousand adults who beaming with joy on the new born in their life. And probably more who know the young couple or single mother would share the same joy as the parents.
So a child birth does bring joy to many people, and of course in some cases, it brings misery and pain to the parents. But our tale is not about those, but the ones who cherished their new born as the result of their love.
The child will take up the parents’ time and energy with the growing pains like any other childs. The need to be clothed, fed and care for, with unselfish loving feelings.
The warm cuddles and the anxious moments when the child is not burping or feeding; or the little cries from its mouth to signify a thousand reasons which we as parents knows so little of. But we rushed to the side and we shower our attention on the child.
But if someone tells you child has only twenty four months to live; what would you do?
You would asked for forgiveness to bring the child to this world and yet he has to leave so early.
You would had offered to sacrifice yourself for the child’s life without any consideration of your own mortality.
But you cannot take away the heartbeat of yours nor the child as long as both of you are still alive.
But did you missed yours when you see a child of twenty four months died due to ignorance of the adults who drives their cars in the road.
I did as I never saw the child on the road. But I did not stop either to asked the child on where its going.
Why?
Because I am a inhuman kind who cares not for the young puppies I crushed under my wheels of my car. I cared not because some careless bitch left the young pups to wander off. I cared not even if the puppy lies injured on the road; crying for the bitch who left her there.
But I can come home to see my child sitting comfortably in the cradle watched over by my doggy bitch.
The difference in me is I feel the heartbeat of my child and not the one lying on the street. To me, there are all puppies bred by bitches.
( We are the ones who breathe the same air and lived in the same world yet we choose to use our vision to see what we want to see and forget our other senses.
But if we will learn to stoop ourselves to humbly hear for the sounds of heartbeat of others, we would had been a better neighbour to many who are living here.  )
Rest in peace, child. Your stay was short but you

No comments:

The Highland Tale Notes and onto Merrlyn

 The biggest challenge to re-writing or adapting a well known tale was to make it your own. As I had mentioned before, I wanted to do this t...