Monday, February 6, 2023

Hamlet; the Noir Adaption 2023 Act 1 Scene 3 Interlude

 Act One Scene Three

Interlude

The love of the young

Hamlet sat by the jetty that extended out to the lake. It was the summer break of school, and thereafter he was to go to college to major in his subject. He was dressed in a casual shirt and shots with his feet bare. He swung his legs inches from the water's surface.

“Hello there”, Hamlet heard his friend who sat there next to him.

“Laertes, how did you fare?” Hamlet asked of the other.

“It was better than I thought. We did it, as described.” Laertes had on a smile that brought him many hugs from the girls in the town. “She was pure like me but I thought her a few tricks.”

Scoring with the girl then was their ambition in the summer, and Laertes was the one who made the most of the situation. Hamlet smiled at his friend.

“Did you?” Hamlet was asked.

“No, I did not. I respected your sister well.” Hamlet smiled. He felt aroused but he drove his mind away. He recited the works of Socrates instead.

“You got to be pulling my legs, Hamlet. Ophelia is a beauty. She got the ….chest that is rounded and the …”

“Speak no more, Laertes. I do …love your sister but I am not going to score on her until we are ready.” Hamlet protected the honor of the other.

“Your loss then, Hamlet. I am going for the next round with Gloria later. She promised herself to me.” Laertes got up and left Hamlet to himself. He sat there looking at the lake while his ears picked on the sound around him. He was alone then. He then reached with his right hand to touch himself. He felt the urge but he will not rush it. It was to be enjoyed with careful ministration, like watching a play to the climatic end. It was never a rush to the finish. It was how he felt then.

“Are you sure, Ophelia?” Hamlet had met the other in the attic that afternoon. They were alone with the other occupants at the swim or walking in the woods.

Ophelia had sat across from him on the stacked-up mattress with her hands on her lap. She had on a dark red knee-length dress. She was a year older than Hamlet.

“I … am.” Ophelia nodded. “Are you going to …”

There was apprehension in her voice, but her inner voice told her she was ready. She read medical books and prepared herself. She even wore red in case she bled.

“I...I think so.” Hamlet had sat on the chair there. “Shall we begin?”

Hamlet moved over to sit next to Ophelia. He reached out with his arms to hold her and then kissed her on the left cheek. He moved from there to her lips which she kept closed. They have been doing kisses since last summer and it was autumn when his hands touched her flesh on the front. It felt nice but he did not move beyond there. She had squirmed under his feels and that day was their initiation.

“Shall I …” Hamlet asked for permission and it was nodded. He unzipped her dress from the back and slowly pulled it off her shoulders. She was not wearing any top undergarments that day.

“I took it off earlier” Ophelia whispered to his ears. He could not resist but pulled away to stare at her. She looked away while he admired her breasts.

“May I?” Hamlet asked and again he was given permission. He reached with his lips to suckle on her while she moaned. They fell back onto the mattress while he was kneading her there. It was heavenly like a child taking milk from the mother. She felt his hands on him. He pushed himself up on his elbow.

“Are you…” Hamlet was silenced by the hard grasp on his groin. He grimaced in pain and she released her hold.

“I did not..” Ophelia apologies. “Let me…”

Hamlet lay there watching her raise herself. She pulled at his shorts and released his manhood. She turned with embarrassment. He took the initiative to take her right hand and placed it over him.

“Be gentle.” Ophelia was gentle and when she felt ready, she raised her hips to pull the dress upwards. Hamlet sat up and offered to help. He did it gently and saw she was naked there. He turned toward her and found her nodding to his move. He climbed over her while pulling her legs apart. He felt himself above her and then he imagined her desire. He reached with his right hand to guide himself, but it was then he felt the sudden push of his desire.

“I am sorry. I did …” Hamlet rolled over. “I was…”

“It’s okay, Hamlet. We can try again. I can wait.” Ophelia pulled the dress down to cover her legs. “I can …”

“No, I am done. I need to go.” Hamlet left Ophelia by herself while he ran off to take a shower. If only he could explain to her. He can’t do it because he felt it to be cheating. It was his fault to be there when he should not have been. It caused him to feel the cheat.

Ophelia had taken to the lake and saw the loving doves on the branch. She felt that they were one pair but even loving needs its time to be there.

“I will wait for you, Hamlet.”

 

No comments:

The Highland Tale Notes and onto Merrlyn

 The biggest challenge to re-writing or adapting a well known tale was to make it your own. As I had mentioned before, I wanted to do this t...