Monday, February 13, 2023

Buzz....Buzzer...Pre-Valentine ....13/02/23

 The days when lovers come to say their vows... and spent to honor that day.

Do you know when I first bought my Valentine's gift; a single stalk of red roses to be delivered to my girlfriend then like....... 30 years ago, it cost me a week's allowance... And she was there to receive it...... Her roommate was the one who received it.... and added to the insult, her roommate queried her own boyfriend, why didn't he send one that day... and I was confronted by the other chap why did I not tell him I was sending.....

Since then, I send it by myself and it's cheaper. And I got kisses for it. 

The moral of the posting; if you want to do it, then do it by yourself.... don't rely on messengers...they are like CUPID...all stupid to shoot the arrows from afar, and not sure they reached the correct person. And someone please tell CUPID, it hurts when the arrow pierced you.

At my age now, VALENTINE is just a murmur in the dark before I snooze. 

No comments:

The Highland Tale Notes and onto Merrlyn

 The biggest challenge to re-writing or adapting a well known tale was to make it your own. As I had mentioned before, I wanted to do this t...