Sunday, October 10, 2021

Story Write Compilations Volume 2 Stories 28

 Friday 13th freak me out.

 

Authors Note: Another Jonathan Blake tale.

Contests rules:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

"Jonathan Blake, you are going to haul your butt down this minute or I would come up there and do things that even the Punisher would cringe at the thought." I opened my eyes and jumped out of the bed. That's my mum if you are want to know who is making the threatening calls. The walls of my room may be filled with superheroes of the Universe including the arachnid hero plastered to my ceiling. As I was dressing up to go downstairs, I looked at my poster man Punisher and asked myself what would he be scared of that he won't get out of bed for.

 

"Friday the 13th is today....." That is my younger sister, Sheila as she rushed down the stairs.

 

But wait. Did she mention Friday the 13th? I looked at my pinup calendar of GEN13 girls at the hot beach and the date below their navel lines spoke the truth. It’s April 13, 2012,and it’s also a Friday.

 

Oh my God, may the hammer Thor strikes me thrice, I am not leaving these four walls of my fortress where my superheroes can protect me from the evil of this day. I reached for my hockey mask and crawled back to bed holding onto my Star Wars Lighted laser.

 

“Jason is back.” I regretted saying that.

 

"You coming down for breakfast? The bus would be here in ten minutes." Trust my sister to breach my fortress protective spells.

 

"Tell Mum, I am down with ....measles. I would be staying in bed today." I heard then the howls of the twin horns as she sounded the Underworld of my sickness. But how was I know that measles won't re-occur twice a year, but the ever knowing One whom I am named as my Mother gave her reply in the manner in which Zeus would also cringe.

 

"Jonathan Blake, you get down here this minute or I am tearing the ceiling down to reach for you." I can assure you even the Hulk would not fight such an adversary on this fateful day as he knows he was not only bound to lose but may perish in the bout.

 

I explained to Mum while gobbling down the essential nutrients to survive this fateful day of Friday the 13th but she resolved my fear with her handing over of my lunch box (It ws not my Wolverine one) with encouraging words like these; "If those superheroes cannot protect you, try these. They belong to your sister."

 

"But Mum, I would be laughed at if I am to be protected by Sailor-moon's." It’s my sister's and she had taken my Bat's Mobile with her. But my pleas of mercy have fallen onto deaf ears.

 

Friday the 13th and I are out there in the open ground with a dozen or more possible calamities waiting to befall on me. But I am Jonathan Blake aka Amazing Boy, so nothing would I fear except the tall and nasty Ogre we had to address as Mrs. Olga. But I shall bear the challenges that today had to offer.

 

"Aargh! A black cat has crossed my path" I am cursed even before I am to enter the realm of the Unknown aka the School. I must take a detour to avoid the trap set by the feline, so I took to the side entrance. I comely open the door and walked into the corridor; it looks all clear as I step in. I took to do a dash to my class and did not stop until I hit the classroom door.

 

"Mrs. Olga, I am so sorry. I did not see you standing there." I would if I had stopped to open the door instead of crashing in and ending up climbing halfway up Mrs. Olga's back. The Ogre which I was to offend, took me up by my ears and holler her commands to me.

 

"You would wait outside the Principal's Office this minute and not too soon."

 

I did, and he was not around causing me to wait for long. But then the call of nature had to sound like the drums of Kilimanjaro and I rushed to the toilets nearby to relive myself. How I was to know the door lock on my cubicle was to get jammed and I ended up hollering for help. It took an hour before I was whisked off to the Principal’s office.

 

"Mr. Blake, Mrs. Olga complained to me that you were disrespectful to her when you tried to rush her from behind.”

 

“But Coach, you taught us that in training….” I protested but it was to more of the ‘why and what you should not do?” comments.

 

“Do you know such acts are uncalled for at your young age?" The Principal was also the Football coach with his pointed ears and crooked nose that looked like a man without emotions and illogical thoughts.

 

I nodded to his statements and shook at every disbelief he may sound out then. Just as he was to announce his mode of punishment on me, the phone was to ring at his desk. He picked it up and was soon heard chattering these few words; 'yes, my dear......no, my dear......I am sure you right… my dear....... Most regretfully, my dear........ I do totally agreed, my dear......... I would comply, my dear."

 

I knew then my day was doomed for good when my eyes rest on the calendar that hung over his wall at the back. Friday the 13th has taken on another victim for its recording and none other than myself was in the line.

 

"Mr.Blake, your mum has called to plea for you. She fears you have mistaken that today is Friday the 13th when it’s Friday the 6th. She knew of your fear and therefore has reminded me of it. In this case, I am to tell you that today is Friday the 6th and you may be assured that it’s a safe day to live that day as normal. So be off then to your Detention class and stay out of trouble."

 

I was relieved and thanked my father who was also the school principal.

 

Life in Detention ain't that bad when Miss Ellie takes to coached me there. I wondered how she would look in the pages

of Gen 13.

 

 

 


No comments:

The Highland Tale Notes and onto Merrlyn

 The biggest challenge to re-writing or adapting a well known tale was to make it your own. As I had mentioned before, I wanted to do this t...