Sunday, October 24, 2021

Story Write Compilations Volume 2 Story 34

 Jake's Gift

 

Authors Note: This is a short tale on the title above. Please note there are Lesbian content.

 

Contests rules:

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

The bell rang and I am on the floor.

 

Damned! It's hard enough for me to pull myself up from Jake's death and now I am at my advanced months having to get up from the floor. I reached for the nearby chair and pushed hard at it to raise my body. I am making headway considering I am about to double my normal size but this one is a heavy front size. The bell rang again.

 

"I am coming. Give me time please." Be darned if these people are going to come knocking, why can't they be called up beforehand. It's not that I get many visitors but I do appreciate the 'hello, can I see you' calls.

 

I am up now and I make my way to the door.

 

"I am coming."

 

Heck, I have not said that for a long time. Sure feels nice to be then. You are the cause of it. I pat my unborn child in my body.

 

I reached the door and I unlatch the locks to open it.

 

"Oh, hello Hayden. Please come in."

 

It's my friend Hayden; a good friend of ours and once former boyfriend if anyone wants to know. I stepped back to let him in as with my current postures, I doubt he can squeeze through without close contact with me. The space is created and he walked into the apartment.

 

"I can see you packing. So soon? Are you going away? It's only...like three days since...Jake was buried."

 

I looked at what Hayden saw and he is right. I am packing up things that belong to Jake. Jake and I have been married for six months after he knew of my pregnancy. Yes, we got knocked up, panicked, and then thought it rationally. Thus we got married and all family members lowered their arms to share in the wedding cake.

 

"No. Hayden. I am not going away. I am just packing up.....Jake's things. He is no more here and I thought I packed it away. Anyway, the baby coming due needs space and that is what I have in limited dimensions now."

 

I broke up into tears on telling Hayden what I was doing. He came forth to hold me but it's a bit awkward with my big belly. I saw his discomfort trying to put his hands around me, so I pushed him off to sit down.

 

"Hayden, sit," I told him. He did as I said. Hayden has been like this since I knew him. He is obliging and cute at times, never says no or argues with them. But I ended up marrying Jake. Funny how sometimes we get attached to the right one at the wrong time.

 

"Anna, are you okay? If you are not feeling well, I could take you to see a doctor." I looked at Hayden. He does look cute.

 

"Yes, I am. I never felt better. I am going to be a mother and I would be working again soon. I would be fine." I looked at Hayden and smiled. That man who is sitting across from me was a contender to my love, but it did not work out.

 

"Anna, I still love you. I could ....except Jake's child. We can get married." I placed my finger to his lips to hush him up.

 

"Hayden, I was in love with you. But I did not marry you as I was also in love with Jake. Yes, I went out with you after Jake and I broke up. But it was not love then. It was loneliness. I needed someone to talk and hold, but if you remember, we never fuck. I could not do it with you as I was in love with Jake. When Jake came back, I fucked him like crazy and that is how we ended up with this." I pat my tummy. "I am sorry, Hayden. I love Jake too much. You were just not in the class."

 

I could see the hurt in Hayden's eyes and I am the cause of it. This man loves me more than Jake and I forsake him for another. I wanted to tell Hayden the truth but it won't be fair.

 

To him, to Jake, and my unborn child.

 

Jake stood up and said he would be leaving. I told him to find his way out as this pregnant lady is too tired to move. I watched the man walked out of my life for the second time.

 

"Is he gone?" The voice from the top of the flight stairs asked me. She came down wrapped in her bathrobe and hair all wrapped up turban style.

 

"Yes, he is gone. He does not know and not yet anyway."

 

The turban lady leaned over and kiss my lips. She then pats my tummy and leans further down to kiss there too.

 

Well, with all things in place, I am happier now. Jake did come back to bless me with the gift of our child before he was to die of his spreading cancer, and I am free to marry the real love of my life, Marsha. With this child, we would be a complete family soon.

 

Hayden would find another lady to love him. Or man.

 

 

 

No comments:

The Highland Tale Notes and onto Merrlyn

 The biggest challenge to re-writing or adapting a well known tale was to make it your own. As I had mentioned before, I wanted to do this t...