Thursday, July 23, 2015

Tweet...tweet....23/07..... A review of sorts

Time to logged in.....

Mordred is going strong form what I can see from the readers. Someone asked me, what is it my take on Merlin? The character have appeared in some of my tales both as villain and hero. I guess when I was past the age of wet diapers to the stained underpants, the early tales available to me then was King Arthur and the Twelve Knights. Merlin did not get written much in it but the character stayed in my mind, besides Arthur and Lancelot.

Later when I moved onto avoiding staining my clothes; I guess the introduction of tissues assisted the migration ( it depends on what you may be thinking on be it lateral or vertical, I will not elaborate on the stains.) I read some books on Merlin. One was by Mary Stewart chronicles ( still have it with me. ). And then came the wonderful world of WWW which open my mind to more versions of Merlin. ( Tissues not included here ).

Merlin's background was always a mystery. There were claims that he was the son of a King, but his exploits are more of his time with Arthur. I did watched Young Merlin (gave up on the series after one season; like watching some bespectacled kid trying to outdo the you know who. ) but I liked the later series of Merlin ( without the beard and looking after his young pup Arthur then ) but that series ended after one season.

So who is the real Merlin? In Mordred, I gave him a new lifeline or was it a new origin like how the man with the cape got written over his birth certificate details. I hoped you will like this new one. Maybe I may do another tale of Merlin ( plots are evolving before me now... ) but let me complete the one I am writing now; Deep Seas War.

Another excerpt to keep the waves rolling.

The sailor pressed the pedal while he steered the craft away. He needed to get away from it to surprise them. The craft moved on his command with narrow body cutting at the sea currents. It was slow but they did the distance of over a hundred and fifty feet. Tu sighted the second craft. Initially he thought he was out flanked but then the other craft lacked certain tattoos. There was no time for diversion. He pulled the harpoon lever and heard the cranked noise of the pressured air that whooshed in the pipes to fire the harpoon. It was fire at a hundred feet and without compensating for the currents. It might miss.

Eddy on the Colleen saw the bubbles of the sea water and then the harpoon head. He pulled at the steering wheel to rise up. It was a right move given that the harpoon was aimed his aft. With the speed of the harpoon if he steered to the portside or starboard, he was bound to be speared on it. It was a calculated chance the harpoon might miss on the narrow target. The harpoon losing its momentum but when the sea current hit form the stern it picked up speed. The harpoon struck the rear end of the submerged and pierced into the engine. The sea water punched in through the gash on the hull. It then exploded when the explosive attached to the harpoon went off.



Peaking at 64,000 words, the battles are getting more intense.....

Till Neptune discover the water flushing seat, let us enjoy our swim in the sea.



No comments:

The Highland Tale Notes and onto Merrlyn

 The biggest challenge to re-writing or adapting a well known tale was to make it your own. As I had mentioned before, I wanted to do this t...