Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Mordred 5.1

5

The Previous Realm

The blows came at me with more intensity in the energies. I had to roll my body to avoid it. I looked up and saw my assailants. There were ordinary people like Stony before but then with the corruption of Fangnir, they were no longer themselves. Or it should be said that they are then equal adversaries of mine.

“Die!” The one named Butch was before a grocer but he had evolved to be twice his height and bulk. His body was not of flesh but of solid wood. His female companion was of equal build with a different composition. She was all fluid in movement as if it was liquid inside her. It was Butch who attacked me with his fists that resembled a thick branch on my back while his companion named Pitch waited her turn.

It was something which I was not to allow.

I lashed out with the fire spell which was in me. The fire blinded the stone man and set the extended arms on fire. Butch stepped back in agony but Pitch had stepped in. She had the fire doused with the sprout of water from her mouth at the burning hands. Butch with the fire doused then hit out at me. That time his arms extended out like a thick trunk which expanded to double its dimension. It came at me with such ferocity that made me fell back.

It was then I felt that death was imminent and reached out to Merlin. He stared at me but his hands were on the energy field. At that moment, just when I was prepared to die the blows stopped. I looked up and saw a lady standing there between me and the others. She was known to me as Chiton. She was pure evil until I caught up with her as a Guardian. I had her defeated and submitted to the Council for the final verdict. They spared her life when she repented on her previous acts. She was removed her skilled crafts but at that moment Chiton was back.

Chiton drew up a dark shield to protect me with her left hand while her right hand was lashing out the dark evil streak which resembled a whip at the others. Then whip cut into the wooden arms which caused Butch to cry out. Pitch was to assist in the attack but Chiton had her whip lashed out at the other. Pitch felt the lash on her body and fell back. They retreated while Chiton attended to me.

“Guardian, you are safe for now.” Chiton told me then. “The others have fled.”

“Who are they?” I struggled with my words but I needed to know. “Were they like Stony?”

Chiton nodded and then stepped away from me. She looked at the others who were still there.

“The Guardian is under my protection. Anyone who dares to harm him will need to face me.” Chiton snapped at the dark whip to show the awesome energy on it. No one dares to defy her however evil they may be. She then looked back to me and Merlin.

“I was never removed of my skilled crafts. It was only suspended in my mind and this vortex made me regain it.” Chiton spoke up. “Merlin, your damnations of my action will be answered in due time but not now.”

“Guardian, we are not all renegades by choice. Some of us needed to be one to avoid …the influence. Beware of your role. You may be the Guardian but to whom you choose may decide your fate.”

I struggled to get up then but Chiton was already leaving the deck. With Merlin attached to the energy field, it was my duty to stop her but I was unable to do so.

“Do not move, Mordred.” Merlin motioned to me. “I will tap your energy from here.”

It was unbelievable that the Head of Council will still tap into mine when I was already weak. Nevertheless he did and soon I passed out. Just before I went into unconsciousness, I heard Merlin say to me that it was for the benefit of all.

“Sacrifices must be made.” 

No comments:

The Highland Tale Notes and onto Merrlyn

 The biggest challenge to re-writing or adapting a well known tale was to make it your own. As I had mentioned before, I wanted to do this t...