Sunday, July 5, 2015

Mordred 7.0

7

The Previous Realm

I stepped away from the cobblestone that was the laid on the pavement onto the grass lands to avoid the carriage. The unit stopped next to me and the door opened.

“Come in, Guardian.” The voice called out. It was feminine and it did not sound like an invitation for a layover. I climbed in and found myself opposite the Queen. To be more specific the Dark Queen of White. Behind her back, there was tales of her evil deeds that would have send Lucifer interned for severe depression.  In the carriage, the space was wider. In fact, it resembled a large hall with the long dining table that seats twelve. The table was filled to the brim with all kinds of delicacies to roasted pheasant to the succulent strawberries. Queen was seated at the front of it with the high back chair where two serpents were entwined on the top. There were two seated there; Chiton and there one other figure 
I was endeared to for he had evaded my capture a few times; Fangnir.

“Fangnir!” I had my Fire element struck up on my right hand when the Dark Queen stopped me. Chiton continued her focus on the table spread.

“Boy…” The Dark Queen called out. She then looked out at Fangnir who had stood there with her arms spread out. 

“Girls, please cover up. Your teats are displayed like cantaloupe for the pickings.”

Fangnir worked up the spell to have the purple screen covered her front but she was not letting up on her power. I had then built up the fire energy to burn the place into cinders when the Dark Queen intervened again.

‘My dear …children. Please be nice and share your toys now…I meant the meal I had put out.” The Dark Queen flexed her biceps to remove the chicken thigh. “Try the chickens. The chef had them marinated in his own sauce.”

“I said sit down.” The Queen hollered out in anger. When she was in that mood, you either sit or sulk. I did both and so did Fangnir. The later had encircled her in the ring of purple energy up to her eye level as if she was peeking out of a large barrel.

“My invitation to all of you was ….. Well you were on the track I was taking and there were no others to pick then but nevertheless you are good pickings considering the subject matter is rather serious.” The Queen sniggered at her own remarks. No one can confirmed her sanity but it probably close to emotional delusion with pathological effect on logical thinking routines aka she was mad than the Mad Hatter from Wonderland.

“I heard Merlin is building a fleet of crafts…” The Queen sniggered again. “Some foreseeable event of a major vortex. 
The old man is getting senile if anyone will believe him.”

I looked at the Queen and nodded. So did Fangnir and Chiton. She saw our reaction and then quiet down.

“Just when I thought it was safe to go travelling to visit my in-laws.” The Queen looked at me. “I do have in-laws. They need to be …dusted on. After all, half of them are dead or changed into stones or in some cases broken to pieces. 

"Someone got to clean them. So tell me again, is this vortex for real?”

We all nodded.

“I can’t be listening to this. Merlin has been up to his no good plans before. He could be lying to distract you. Merlin’s a sneak bastard. He could be the one creating the vortex. He wants to remove the ones he cannot rely on. He is creating genocide.”

“How dare you?” I defended on the Head of Council. “Merlin…”

“Merlin is a fraud. He also a …schemer. I would know better for I am his equal.” The Queen hit back. “Do not revel in him as your leader. He may not be one.”

“I have said enough. Leave me now.” The Queen snapped out. Inside the virtual hall, we felt the carriage stopped. Then an opening appeared and the Queen asked me to leave.


“Merlin may not be what you think.” The Queen cautioned me.

No comments:

The Highland Tale Notes and onto Merrlyn

 The biggest challenge to re-writing or adapting a well known tale was to make it your own. As I had mentioned before, I wanted to do this t...