Saturday, July 4, 2015

Tweet...tweet..... 03/07.... Diving bells are clanging....

The two metal cased divers stepped off the rails and into the water. They were fed air by the rubber tube that was connected to the electrical pump on the deck. The pump was the only thing keeping the two divers alive. They descent at a rapid rate based on their weight of over two hundred lbs but there was the lifeline of the rope which they could be hauled up. They kept on dropping until they reached the corral mound at under fifty feet.

Lu Fong was one of the divers. He was trained for over six months with that metal suit. He was an experienced swimmer having dived into the strong currents of the sea to retrieve the pearls. He looked from behind his glass window. The sight was no different from his previous dives. The fishes and the corrals were the similar in looks but there were some differing shades and shapes. His feet was covered in the wrapped seal skin which made him took clumsy steps. He liked his old ways when he swam with only a loin cloth around his groin and the dagger tucked in between his teeth.  He saw then the danger.


The twelve footer shark was swimming close to twenty feet. One of the features of the sea was that anything can come up close to you without you knowing. Lu Fong signalled the other named Wang Yu. The other was standing ten feet to the left was not aware of the shark. Wang Yu turned to look at the predator. He was not prepared to see the predator and slipped on the slippery corral. He fell onto his haunches with that clumsy fall. That fall ruffled up the sediment there and caught the attention of the predator. It turned its body and moved in. It was inevitable then. 



That is only a small paragraph of the write at 34,600 feet now. Unlike Mordred, I was in my elements now with the plot flowing although the sea currents may divert or was it the sharks, I don't really know. But I do know somethings, it has been fun pumping the air into the tale. Just when I thought I was running of air, the hose will screeched with the new pressure buildup and then I was on my feet....or was it typing away. I am trying to add in the Steam Punk pieces but not tryng to make it look scifi and more like believable inventions.  What intrigue me most was the penning of the deep seas. It was invigorating to research on it from my laptop. You will be surprised how much we missed of it. Its truly the new frontier to me. 

I have to admit while writing I was hit by more tales concept. I can't help it for the mind was working even in my sleep. I have to shelf them as I want to complete my dive here now. 

Till I resurface..... don;t get into the water. Its not safe yet....

No comments:

The Highland Tale Notes and onto Merrlyn

 The biggest challenge to re-writing or adapting a well known tale was to make it your own. As I had mentioned before, I wanted to do this t...