Monday, July 6, 2015

Mordred 7.1

The New Realm

Chiton heard the challenge from the Queen. It was directed at me.

“The sentries told me that you have come back, Guardian.” The Queen called out. “We will like to meet you.”

I was not fazed by the challenge for as a Guardian, I had to confront all those which I was to subdue but that time I felt the sense of fear. There were two groups out there. I had seen Snow White but before they arrived here, they were peaceful people but with the battle I just witnessed, it looked like they have changed too. I knew the Ladies of the Lake; they were Merlin’s apprentices but seldom seen in action unless it was with Merlin.
Merlin.

That was the elusive factor. He was supposed to be dead.

Or did he fake it.

Merlin to my knowledge had lived for generations and when they told me he died I was baffled but the tasks stopped me from asking. I was then when I recalled the Queen’s words.

The Dark Queen; she was powerful and equal to Merlin, some had said but though they were lovers and then became rivals but they never battled each other. It was always the apprentices.

Then there was the one named Lady Chiton. She was the unknown factor. She was all powerful yet never had she battled the leaders but their apprentices when down never recovered from the battle until she met me.

“Chiton, I need to leave.” I voiced out. If there was anyone who knew how to get me out was her. She nodded and then motioned to her ladies

“Go and confront them.” Chiton ordered them. It was then I saw their eyes. They were expressionless as if they were dead in their mind. Chiton saw my expression.

“They were raised from the dead. It was the only army I could get.” Chiton replied. “The Queen is too powerful.”
The ladies took their leave of us while Chiton then looked at me.

“Use your elements. We will bore through.” I did as she requested through the flooring. The earth shifted on my command and a tunnel was formed. As we descended, the tunnels opened up while at the rear of us, it closed. It wasn’t easy as we had to divert over the deep roots and the harder rocks which needed extra persuasion with the crafts in me. 
The newly dug up earth was also a hindrance as it was wet and soft but we made good in the escape. We ran along the tunnel with the direction given by Chiton. We progressed well for a while before Chiton stopped me.

“We got to surface.” Chiton cautioned me. “We are pursued by the dwarves. They are experts at the digging.” 

Just as she voiced out, I felt the tunnel walls trembled from the blows on the sides. It was the dwarves and they had intercepted the tunnel. They were dynamiting the tunnel walls. I called on the wind factor to blow the loose earth at them but it was of no avail. Then I used it to propel upwards. We jumped out of the tunnel opening and were confronted by the four of the dwarves with their mistress Snow White. Out of the ground the other three dwarves coated in dust popped out.

“Told ya, the pick would do the task.” Grumpy grunted on the choice of weapon. “Now let me show you the awesome choice of the pick.”

Grumpy hurled the pick in a wide swing and it went in a boomerang flight at me. I had to raise a pillar of stones to deflect it. While I was defending myself, Chiton had jumped into action. She had her whip out at Snow White. The other retreated while Dopey protected her with his chain saw. The saw did not cut the whip but it managed to deflect it. Chiton had to pull back her whip when Happy used the shovel to cut at it.

“So the dwarves have reverted on their choice of weapons.” I laughed while the seven dwarves cheered on their choices of shovels and picks except Snow White. She still had her shot gun.

“Meet Prince Charming 870 and that aren’t his length but his name. I shortened it to eighteen for the right reaches. Its’ also ribbed for the extra sensation.” Snow then pumped in the ammo into the barrel.

Chiton was not giving up on her attack when she snapped the whip over head towards the dwarves. The snap of the whip created a blanket of dark cover over them and then it dissipates. The dwarves distracted by the attack scattered out in all directions. Snow had then covered her face with the left arm and was retreating but Chiton had her marked. She lunged at the other while her left hand moved to her back. She withdrew the Walther PPK. Although she had seven rounds in the gun, she allocated three on Snow White. One at the face; she hated the lady’s smile. Two more shot were aimed at the chest. She also hated the round orbs there compared to her flat chest. Snow White went down backwards as if she was hit by the brick from that short distance.

“Snow White is down.” Happy moaned out in pain. It was unlike his cherry disposition. He rushed towards Snow White but Doc was there. The others were enraged at the attack. They rushed at Chiton but she had retreated. It was a withdrawal strategic that allowed her to prepare her next counter attack.

Chiton does not defend herself. She used counter attack in her defenses.

Chiton cracked the whip at them but from it a streak of dark energy that lashed out. It came out like the dark wall facing the dwarves. The wall moved forward and then dissipated into toxic gas. The dwarves retreated back from the deadly gas but it was too late.

“Damn!” Bashful cursed out in one of the rare expressions before he went down. Sneezy let off his stuck phlegm in his throat in a hoarse cough. Dopey who had lost his vocal went down gasping his breathe to tell Snow White his last words. Grumpy was all grim in the expression when he fell flat on his face.  

“No!” Sleepy woke up from his half slumber when he saw the killing of his peers but he was too late to help himself. The gas reached him last and fell down slumber dead. It was then only Doc and Happy.

“Chiton, you had done your worst. We will fight you…” It was not me who killed them but the Dark Queen. She had arrived with the Ladies. She had the ladies killed the last two dwarves killed from the rear.

“They were all pesky boys. Never a day without being coated in dust.” The Dark Queen stepped over the dead dwarves. She then looked at the dead Snow White. “I did tell you fairy tales are for children. You have grown up and should know there is no such thing as live happily ever after. Say hello to your father and mother for me.”


“Hello, Guardian.” The Dark Queen in turn then greeted me. “Did you come back for my coronation?”

No comments:

The Highland Tale Notes and onto Merrlyn

 The biggest challenge to re-writing or adapting a well known tale was to make it your own. As I had mentioned before, I wanted to do this t...